“Good crabcakes”

Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Steps from the Beach at 120th Street
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

There on a weeknight off season so there were only a few other tables. Had a friendly waitress who was attentive but not overbearing. Started with the crab dip app, which was rich and a generous portion which I was hoping for since it was over $10. I had the crab cake which was delicious, full of lump crab meat. Chose the caesar salad and cole slaw as my two sides, both good. Husband had the crab stuffed shrimp which he really enjoyed, though he wasn't a fan of the dirty rice side. The children's menu was typical fried stuff, and they charged me to sub veggies instead of fries, but warned me ahead of time. We were looking for crab, and this place delivered.

1  Thank LadySkkyy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,365)

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

I gave the food a 4 rating because the crab nachos had to much cheese on them, I was hoping to see more crab on it.

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by a friend. We ate here in October and the restaurant has a seating area and a bar.
We ordered 2 crab cake dinners ,which came with 2 sides, I ordered a salad and fries. I do want to mention the service was excellent and very observant of all our needs concerning drinks,napkins,etc.
The meal arrived and I have to admit that the crab cake in my opinion was on
the small size, probably the size of a scoop of ice cream, The fries dominated the platter with the crabcake. The crab cake was good and the salad was fresh
I don't recall if the menu stated the weight of the crab cake,but it was the smallest crab cake I have ever eaten for 16.99

1  Thank MDMANBaltimore
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Took my girlfriend for her birthday on Saturday 10.13.12; we were warmly greeted and I asked for Kelly as our server. Immediately seated, we were served as though we were royalty. Kelly did a great job and was very attentive to our needs. The Prime Rib was fantastic, huge portion and expertly finished. The Stuffed Lobster tail was also very nicely done and the Crab Cale (yes, I ate it all) was unbelievable- it tasted so good i almost asked for another. Even the Cole Slaw was great- my only complaint is that I wanted more slaw! Our Watermelon crushes were very very good- refreshing to say the least. And our Irish coffees topped off a very nice evening. My only regret is not trying one of the Bloody Mary's- the Bakon Mary looked so delish....The service was top notch- ask for Kelly the nex time there, she is a pro! As Ahnold said "I'll be back".

2  Thank HansBelAir_Maryland
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Food was average, at best. The crab cakes were too greasy, and the side dishes were unimaginative. For the price, the food should be better. The condiments were empty on our table and surrounding tables, the service was slow. Try someplace else for the money.

1  Thank Living_strong
OCJ, General Manager at The Original Crabcake Factory, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

First of all thank you for visiting Crabcake Factory USA. We appreciate you trying us out. I see from your profile that you are from Pittsburgh and you have only reviewed one other restaurant which you also did not care for. I have noticed that you mention price and money three times in a four sentence review. Crabcake Factory is priced right on line with any popular OC restaurant, we are not the cheapest nor are we the most expensive. We do however list all the prices of each item on the menu directly to the right of the explanation. We have not changed our prices on Crabcakes since 2007 and we very rarely have any complaints on pricing. True we are not priced the same as the local Pittsburgh seafood restaurants on the beach but when you are in Ocean City there is an increase in pricing just as in any resort town ore destination with a season.
Your statement that the crabcake was too greasy is really perplexing because over 16 years and millions of crabcakes we have never once fried a crabcake nor is there anything remotely greasy about them. All our crabcakes are broiled making me wonder iif you are even talking about the same place? Every Crabcake Factory platter comes with a choice of two sides which are Salad, Caesar Salad, Baked Potato, French Fries, Kettle Chips, Starch of the Day or Vegetable of the Day. I am sorry the sides are not more imaginative however they have worked for us for the last 16 years. We use only local vegetables, we hand cut our own fries and chips plus always try to switch the starch every day. I'm not sure what your next statement was meant to imply but Crabcake Factory USA is one of the busiest restaurants in OC and I assure you if the condiments were empty we can get you a new bottle of ketchup in a heartbeat or supply you with any condiment you desire without taking from another table. Simply ask a server, hostess, food runner, busser, bartender or manager who were most likely on duty.

In closing I suppose some people are just not meant for Crabcake Factory and it seems we are not your cup of tea. I hope to check back and see some positive reviews that you posted because surely you've eaten at some good places too. I am sorry you did not enjoy your visit and I assure you if you had mentioned any of theses issues to a manager we would have corrected them on the spot. Once again. Thanks!