“Good pizza, and owner is very enthusiastic..” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pino's Pizza

Pino's Pizza
Ranked #29 of 412 Restaurants in Ocean City
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Takeout
Description: Last day open is Oct 8th for our 2016 summer season! We re-open May 5th 2017! Open April thru the 2nd weekend of Oct We offer 10 minute Carry-out, or Fast Delivery to all of Ocean City. NO EAT IN. 81st street Coastal Highway. 2016 is our 35rd year! How we make our Sauce: Our pizza is most noted for its tasty sauce as well as not being skimpy with it. In 24 years of being in the pizza biz, we have never ever deviated from buying the best, most delicious, and most expensive, cold packed plum tomatoes from Stanislaus County California. We buy it fresh ground and its not from concentrate. Its texture is bits-and-pieces and we add only 10% water. There is enough in the ground plum tomatoes already. Then we add our own preportioned large bag of spices and herbs mix. In this biz, it called the "Goodie-Bag". It consists of Oregano, Parsley, Basil, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, & hot crushed peppers. We wioll not tell you portion so out flavor stays original and unique. We boil these 8 spices and herbs like a loose tea brew, and then combine this brew to cold smashed tomatoes pieces and puree. WahLa---done. No cooking the tomatoes. Taste fresher this way. It`s Punchy. The spices and herbs "POP" better this way.Our unique 4-Cheese blend:Mozzarella, White Cheddar, Parmesan, and Romana. I love how mozzarella is so WHITE and how when cooked it stays white, but with little brown dots that appear when it`s done. Mozzarella is creamy white and gives the pizza a chewy texture which is a thumbs-up feature in the pizza world. The other 50% of my cheese blend, which is also freshly shredded on site daily, is Wisconsin white cheddar. Wisconsin white cheddar is extra flavorful, exactly the same price as Mozzarella, and is known for keeping the cheese soft the next day for those that eat cold pizza, or re-heated pizza. Our 3rd & 4th cheese added to each pie, is a couple thick pinches of both Romano, and Parmesan cheese, added on top, and baked into every pizza that leaves my front door. This is my own signature "4 cheese blend". We use only fresh made Pizza Dough:It is hand stretched. It's between a thin to medium thick crust. EVERY single pizza that leaves my premise has a crust that has been brushed with EVO which helps the crust brown nicely. Our pizza crust has great fold-ability and is soft and on the chewy side. Re-heating it in the oven will produce a crunchy crust. Re-heated pizza is the bomb because it dries up the crust more and makes the cheese hot and gooey again, yet the sauce is insulated, so it's not scolding. That's why a re-heated slice is easier to eat and more tasty actually!Toppings: All our toppings are fresh. We fresh slice all our veggies on premise except for our black olives, sweet peppers, & banana peppers. My personal favorite house-cooked topping is our bacon. It is very savory! We par-cook it 3/4 of the way in the oven by itself, dump off the grease, then blast chill it for storage. Then we cook it the rest of the way on the pizza. This way it is not greasy on the pizza. Affordability/Quality: Compared to chains $10. Pizzas, I admit we are expensive. But along with this fact, I hope while you eat our pizza, that you will agree it is more substantial as for its generous portion of rich hearty sauce, a generous portion of our 4-cheese blend, and a hearty portion of fresh delicious toppings. We are a "Mom & Pop" shop. You are reading about us now, contemplating to NOT choose a pizza chain for some reason. What was it? You were searching for a place that offers something better, more unique, and you were willing to pay a little more. We have coupoin specials that we honor even if you simply mention them. Its ok if you do have the coupon, but you must at least mention the offer. Ask for our 2-fer deal: Two XL 16" Cheese Pizzas for $27.99. If wings are a must add-on, ask for our Pizza and 10 wing deal: A XL 16" Cheese Pizza with 10 Regular or Boneless Wings, for only $22.99 About Us: Pino`s is NOT a chain as some think. This has been a family run business for 35 years. No second store anywhere. It has been in my family for 30 years after buying it from Pino Tomasello in 1986. I personally run the day to day operations since 1992. My wife Tracey handles the deposits, bills, and paperwork side of the business. Thank you Honey! We believe it is true that the best customer service and quality control comes from a store that is "owner operated" personally. Not where the owner is divided by 4-5 stores etc. We are happy doing one store and because of this, hopefully you will experience something better over-all. We only Serve BIG Pizzas: XL 16" Pizza for $15.99. Our NYC 20" Pizza for $21.99. Our 28" Super Party Pizza for only $36.99. Thank You, Jim Hofman Owner/Operator
Cleveland, OH
“Good pizza, and owner is very enthusiastic..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2010

We had two pizzas from Pino's. The first was a 16" 3top for 15.99 which was quite tasty and decent for the price. The sauce and crust were really good, while the cheese could have used more flavor. The amount of toppings was quite acceptable. The second pizza was the crab pizza, which was $19.99 for a 12" and was ok. However, when you go there, ask to talk to Jim, the owner. He is entertaining, his personality is over the top, and you can really tell he takes pride is his business and craft. Good Luck to Pino's!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Travelbunnies, Owner at Pino's Pizza, responded to this review, June 21, 2010
Hi BigDaddy,

Thank you for the wonderful review. Please contact us at jimhofman@mchsi.com, we would like to know more about the pizza experience. Thoughts, improvements? Tracey Hofman

Fairfax, Virginia
“One of the Best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

We tried Pinos for the first time this past weekend. The girl taking the order was very friendly and professional. The pizza took about 15 - 20 minutes. This is take out or delivery only; there is no place to sit down and eat, but they did have some chairs outside that could be used, no tables.

We took our first bite of the hot pizza right there in the parking lot. I thought it was good, but nothing to rave about. My fiance didn't care for it (he's hard to please). He likes very, very thin pizza and crispy. The foldability was a 10, not to crisp, not to gooey. For me, the thickness of the crust was perfect...not too thin and not too thick. The toppings were fresh and plentiful. There was not a lot of sauce on the pizza, but in my case; that's good, I'm not big on a lot of sauce. The cheese was better than average and nice and chewy. The crust was also on the chewy side, which I like and had a delicate flavor.

We took the pizza home....Bethany....and I had another piece....this was better than the first in my opinion....I had a third piece and put the rest in the fridge. Later that night I had a cold piece....excellent. The next day I reheated it in the microwave...again, excellent.

All in all from hot to next day cold and then reheated, it withstood my critical tastebuds. Most pizzas in the area do not taste very good later on or even the next day. On a scale from 1 - 10 I would give it a 9 for an overall review...it wasn't to die for....but it was very good.

The owner's seem to care about the reviews and they have signs up in the shop asking for your reviews.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Travelbunnies, Owner at Pino's Pizza, responded to this review, June 17, 2010
Thank you for your wonderful review. Jim and I work very hard to deliver excellent customer service and 5-star quality fresh food. We believe in the Golden Rule, treat your customers and employees as you would like to be treated.
Abingdon, Maryland
“Awesome, Hot Pizza!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

Just got back yesterday from our yearly guys weekend with my buddies from high school. We always order late at night from somewhere after we get back from the bars. We decided to try Pino's on Friday night noticing that their prices were better than most other places. The Pizza arrived quick and was delicious. We ended ordering it the next night again, this time it came even quicker and the pizza was HOT, HOT, HOT...Loved it. A friend of mine thought it was too hot and called to complain, but we all thought he was crazy. Who doesn't want hot pizza. Can't wait to go to beach again in August and get more Pino's Pizza.

1 Thank pstroms
Harwood, Maryland
“yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2010

My husband and I always go to Pino's we were happy to see them open for the Crusin OC car show before Memorial weekend We had a sausage and Mushroom pizza and wings and they were wonderful My husband loves wings and they passed his test. We wouldn't go to anyother pizza place in Ocean City Md.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience for a delivery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2010

My friends and I were just at OCMD during three very rainy days. We scoured the Local Book to find coupons and found that Pino's had some of the best deals and combinations. When we called to place our order we got fantastic service...just over the phone! The gentleman was very patient with us and very specific with his questions to make sure our order was correct. The pizza was delicious (it was even good cold the next morning for breakfast). I didn't think the wings were anything too special but they did the job. I will be calling again when we go in August!

1 Thank BeachBabe1014