“NY style pizza”
Review of Pino's Pizza

Pino's Pizza
Ranked #36 of 420 Restaurants in Ocean City
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Takeout
Description: We re-open Friday May 12th 2017! and close up for the season after the 2nd weekend of Oct. We offer 10 minute Carry-out, or Fast Delivery to all of Ocean City. NO EAT IN. 81st street Coastal Highway. 2017 is our 36th year! How we make our Sauce: Our pizza is most noted for its tasty sauce as well as not being skimpy with it. In 25 years of being in the pizza biz, we have never ever deviated from buying the best, most delicious, and most expensive, cold packed plum tomatoes from Stanislaus County California. We buy it fresh ground and its not from concentrate. Its texture is bits-and-pieces and we add only 10% water. There is enough in the ground plum tomatoes already. Then we add our own preportioned large bag of spices and herbs mix. In this biz, it called the "Goodie-Bag". It consists of Oregano, Parsley, Basil, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, & hot crushed peppers. We wioll not tell you portion so out flavor stays original and unique. We boil these 8 spices and herbs like a loose tea brew, and then combine this brew to cold smashed tomatoes pieces and puree. WahLa---done. No cooking the tomatoes. Taste fresher this way. It`s Punchy. The spices and herbs "POP" better this way.Our unique 4-Cheese blend:Mozzarella, White Cheddar, Parmesan, and Romana. I love how mozzarella is so WHITE and how when cooked it stays white, but with little brown dots that appear when it`s done. Mozzarella is creamy white and gives the pizza a chewy texture which is a thumbs-up feature in the pizza world. The other 50% of my cheese blend, which is also freshly shredded on site daily, is Wisconsin white cheddar. Wisconsin white cheddar is extra flavorful, exactly the same price as Mozzarella, and is known for keeping the cheese soft the next day for those that eat cold pizza, or re-heated pizza. Our 3rd & 4th cheese added to each pie, is a couple thick pinches of both Romano, and Parmesan cheese, added on top, and baked into every pizza that leaves my front door. This is my own signature "4 cheese blend". We use only fresh made Pizza Dough:It is hand stretched. It's between a thin to medium thick crust. EVERY single pizza that leaves my premise has a crust that has been brushed with EVO which helps the crust brown nicely. Our pizza crust has great fold-ability and is soft and on the chewy side. Re-heating it in the oven will produce a crunchy crust. Re-heated pizza is the bomb because it dries up the crust more and makes the cheese hot and gooey again, yet the sauce is insulated, so it's not scolding. That's why a re-heated slice is easier to eat and more tasty actually!Toppings: All our toppings are fresh. We fresh slice all our veggies on premise except for our black olives, sweet peppers, & banana peppers. My personal favorite house-cooked topping is our bacon. It is very savory! We par-cook it 3/4 of the way in the oven by itself, dump off the grease, then blast chill it for storage. Then we cook it the rest of the way on the pizza. This way it is not greasy on the pizza. Affordability/Quality: Compared to chains $10. Pizzas, I admit we are expensive. But along with this fact, I hope while you eat our pizza, that you will agree it is more substantial as for its generous portion of rich hearty sauce, a generous portion of our 4-cheese blend, and a hearty portion of fresh delicious toppings. We are a "Mom & Pop" shop. You are reading about us now, contemplating to NOT choose a pizza chain for some reason. What was it? You were searching for a place that offers something better, more unique, and you were willing to pay a little more. We have coupoin specials that we honor even if you simply mention them. Its ok if you do have the coupon, but you must at least mention the offer. Ask for our 2-fer deal: Two XL 16" Cheese Pizzas for $27.99. If wings are a must add-on, ask for our Pizza and 10 wing deal: A XL 16" Cheese Pizza with 10 Regular or Boneless Wings, for only $22.99 About Us: Pino`s is NOT a chain as some think. This has been a family run business for 35 years. No second store anywhere. It has been in my family for 30 years after buying it from Pino Tomasello in 1986. I personally run the day to day operations since 1992. My wife Tracey handles the deposits, bills, and paperwork side of the business. Thank you Honey! We believe it is true that the best customer service and quality control comes from a store that is "owner operated" personally. Not where the owner is divided by 4-5 stores etc. We are happy doing one store and because of this, hopefully you will experience something better over-all. We only Serve BIG Pizzas: XL 16" Pizza for $15.99. Our NYC 20" Pizza for $21.99. Our 28" Super Party Pizza for only $36.99. Thank You, Jim Hofman Owner/Operator
Fairview
“NY style pizza”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We feel this is the best pizza in OC. We have tried others but keep coming back to Pino's. The owner is usually not very far away and the service is quick. Pizza's are huge for the money you pay and they deliver too.

Visited May 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The BEST Pizza in Ocean City...Period!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I stopped in last weekend after a late night for a pizza to go...the owner is the nicest guy, he chatted with my husband and I while our pizza was baking, he explained the process of assembling their signature pizza sauce, gave us a tour of the kitchen and we even left with Pino's t~shirts! Talk about incredible pizza (it is even fantastic reheated in the oven the next day) and a wonderful owner with a passion for quality ingredients and a tasty product. For us, this is the best pizza in town (even beats Grotto, which I did not think was possible). We will be back again and again!

Raleigh NC
“Delivery”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We got the Pino's Party meal and it feed 5 adults and a child and we had leftovers. Total with tip was $55. The pizza, wings and salad were all really good. If you are looking for delivery this is a good option.

Annapolis, Maryland
“Yummy Pizza Pie”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

First time at this place, and I'll be back. The pizza crust is a unique combination of thick and thin, and chewy and crispy. Sauce is perfect, not too sweet like so many others. The cheese and toppings are high quality, and everything combines to make a damn near perfect product. Not inexpensive, but very well worth every penny. Stop in and grab a menu for coupons.

“I wept!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I took my first bite and it was so good, i wept! Do you know how hard it is to weep while trying to finish a fresh slice of pizza? It very frusterating! I can not wait to go back!

-Matt