“One of my favorites”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Great bar with daily drink and early bird specials. Loved the crab cakes and my husband gets the chopped sirloin dinner. Salads are fresh and have cut vegetables. Servers are efficient and friendly.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is the 3rd year I have visited here during my annual vacation to OC and I went twice! It really is that good.I am a bay girl myself and know my crabs. The chef at Coin's does too! Still not sure how they get these beauties to hold together. Taste is fresh and delicious. Something of glutton at the first visit this year and ordered the crab cake and large cut strip steak. Cooked as ordered and sized as promised and as my mother would have said, "Your eyes are bigger than your stomach." I could only eat about 1/2 the meal! Second visit crab cake only! But, I am stopping on my way home tomorrow to pick-up a few frozen cakes to go. Have done so before and enjoyed them a lot during the winter! Make sure you order in advance as they are made to order. Love this place!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Again, I visited Coins for lunch during Sunfest. This is not a pace you visit for views. This is not a place you take a first date to make an impression. This is the place you go for maybe a few drinks and some decent food. Had the steamed shrimp which are always good with the old bay seasoning and onions. Then ordered the crabcake sandwich platter with fries and slaw. Crabcake was excellent, bun was soft and fresh, fries were tasty and slaw homemade. Now I have had crabcakes at the Captain's Galley and Crabcake Factory which IMO are all very good and not hard to enjoy. IMO Coins are right up there with the best. Personal preference can never settle that argument. So once again after years Coins was well worth the stop. Staff are always friendly. Happy hour every day for bar specials. Bar seems to fill up with Happy Hour for drink and food specials. Give them a try.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

They have great prices at happy hour and good food special prices before six pm. The service was excellent and the food was all very tasty, I had a great tasting sirloin that was like a filet Mignon very tender and juicy. Everyone in our group enjoyed their meal. Service was quick even though they were very busy.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Coins has Happy Hour 3-6PM and early bird 4-6pm everyday. We arrived at 5:30pm so we ordered some HH foods: 1/2lb steamed shrimp with onions and wings (both very good). Then ordered from the early bird menu: Chicken Teriyaki (2 nice sized breast cooked just right); prime rib (tender and medium rare); chopped steak and sirloin (tasty & tender). All the portions were plenty and came with 2 sides. The spring mix with raspberry vinegrette came with walnuts & feta cheese (very good). If you are in the area you can't go wrong and the prices are great. Also starting Oct 1, they will offer 1/2 price on all entrees on Sun, Tue & Thu's (anything with crab or filet add $4). We have been going here for 30+ years and the foods are always great!