“Boardwalk prices”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
“Boardwalk prices”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

One of the best pizzas in oc that we have tried so far. The chicken I don't feel it was anything special. Saying that though I think it was better than kfc . I feel like they gave us a good amount of food for our moneys worth. Everything on board walk you pay top dollar. I didn't understand why we had 3 different people wait on us unless they split tips:/. One got our drink orders and food orders, a different one brought our food , a different one gave us refills and check. Anyway we would try again

Northern VA
“Great pizza!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Ordered a pizza for take-away and it did not disappoint. We were really happy with how hot and tasty the pizza was and it was ready quick! Only took about 10-15 minutes. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The crust was perfect and I would not hesitate to get another pizza from this location.

Visited July 2014
Greer, South Carolina
“Great pizza - AMAZING FUNNEL CAKE FRIES”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

So for those of you out there that love funnel cake - the dough roller kicks it up a notch!! The funnel cake fries here are AMAZING!! They take funnel cake to the next level!! I seriously will never eat funnel cake on the boardwalk ever again! FYI - the reuben and pizza were equally as delicious!!

Visited June 2014
Thurmont, Maryland
“Disappointing Visit on a Slow Sunday Afternoon”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Visited on June 8, 2014 at around 4:15. Things were kinda slow on the boardwalk and the restaurant was not busy. We ordered a 4 piece chicken dinner with an extra cornbread and I ordered the cold cut sub and asked for NO onions and mayo on the side with hot peppers.

When the food arrived (was served by another employee, not our original waitress) I immediately saw onions on the sub and no extra cornbread for the chicken dinner. Finally flagged down the girl who took our order and showed her the onions. Also said we didn't get the extra cornbread. She took the sub away and a third girl returned it to the table. Had to ask the 3rd girl for the extra cornbread and FINALLY got it.

I opened up the sub (because I know all they did was take it to the kitchen and pull off the onions). Guess what...2 pieces of onions still on the sub about the size of a silver dollar and a quarter. I pulled them off and started to eat it. That's when I discovered that the hot peppers were loaded on the sandwich. Probably 2 Tablespoons worth! Whew.

When we were all done and paying the bill I talked nicely to the waitress and told her that people who have food allergies (I DON'T) might have ended up on the floor because of the onions (or whatever else people might be allergic to). The sandwich should have been remade, not just had the onions picked off of it then reserved. She then told me it wasn't her screw up but the kitchen.

Well, I gotta tell you, if you had served the food instead of someone else, you may have seen the onions before I got it. Secondly, using the electronic tablets probably doesn't allow for notes on the side (not sure) then when using an order pad and writing it down.

Also realized after finishing that I never got the mayo on the side......

You guys failed miserably on a slow day. Waitress was #391 if anyone from Dough Roller reads this.

• Visited June 2014
Baltimore
“Used to be good--not anymore”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

On a recent visit to Ocean City, MD, our family visited the Dough Roller on the Boardwalk which is also Dayton's chicken. We have eaten here many times and the food was always good. This time it was not. My husband ordered a chicken dinner. The chicken was terrible, the cole slaw was terrible. I ordered a soft crab sandwich, which I have always loved here. The crab was rotten!! I took one bite and it tasted horrible and It smelled horrible! We will not be going back here again. It is such a shame as these items were always good. They did not charge me for the crab sandwich after I complained to the waitress. She took it back to the manager and he smelled it and then threw it in the trash. Wake up owners of this restaurant. You can do so much better!!!

• Visited May 2014