“Most popular waitress ever”
Review of Sahara Cafe

Sahara Cafe
Ranked #4 of 439 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Sahara Cafe is a seasonal summer business .
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Our waitress was the most poplar woman ever! She asked what we wanted to drink and then walked away to greet friends. She made us wait to order while she took pictures with returning customers and chatted. We sat there for 20 min. Finally took our order. When our food was ready she took another 10 minutes to bring it bc she was still socializing. The check was another 20 minutes. She was very nice and I respect that she's probably an icon there..... But that she should still take care if her customers.

There are newer reviews for Sahara Cafe

Reviewed March 12, 2014

You can not beat the Sahara Café for the best breakfast in town and a fantastic price. Joyce is one of the waitress that have been serving customers for years. Great staff, great food, great price. what more are you looking for?

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This restaurant has a very unique decor. They are total Dead Head fans and have the concert tickets to prove it. It was interesting. Unfortunately the food was not as interesting. Eggs Benedict came with ham so thick it was bad. Some of the egg dishes were bland. Better decor than food.

danudej7, Owner at Sahara Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

While it has taken me a long to respond to your review , I want to thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience at our cafe . I must apologize for the thickness of the canadian bacon on your Eggs Benedict as there is a fine line of giving the customer a good portion of meat but not too much because it may overbear the outcome of the whole taste and consistency of the dish . Pleas try us again and please ask for me personally if I can be of any assistance . Are you a fan of the Grateful Dead ? Jay

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We have been coming to OC for years, but only found this little gem a few years ago when we stayed at the Sahara Motel. Sure, there are many breakfast buffets in town, but you won't leave here hungry. The menu is very adequate for a smaller place. The omelette's are huge, tasty, and a good variety. From a plain cheese omelette, to the "Big Eddie C", which includes all your breakfast meats, including scrapple. I had this one and was not hungry the rest of the day. Pancakes are HUGE and fluffy.The wait staff are kind and friendly, and several have been there many years. Food was served very fast, even with a full house, my kudos to the cook. Check out the fine print on the menu's. It states..."No service for those with no sense of humor". A great way to start your day in OC. They start serving lunch at 12, but breakfast is there true niche. Our last visit was the first weekend in October and the place was still full every morning. GREAT JOB SAHARA CAFE !

danudej7, Owner at Sahara Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a very extensive review for us . We had a very busy season and I like to respond to all reviews when I have the time . We are now closed for the winter months and will open at the end of April . Again thank you very much and hope to see you next season !! , Jay

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Went here for breakfast when I was staying at the Sahara Motel and the portions were big and the prices were great.