“A solid "good"”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Virginia
“A solid "good"”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We were looking for Bahama Mama's, but since it had moved, we ended up at Marina Deck. While the atmosphere is a bit on the funky side, the service and food were decent overall, with the seafood on the good / very good side. I usually spend a bit of time researching the best places to go and this was a roll of the dice, but we ended up pleased with the results. Even though the starter muffins and salad were boring, the seafood entrees hit the mark and were totally satisfying. And yes, the harbor view is stunning, especially at sunset.

As a bonus, there is an awesome kids play area that is surprisingly large, clean and new.

• Visited September 2013

Thompsontown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The Marina Deck was one of our family's favorite restaurants; however, some things change. As far as the waitress, view of the bay and atmosphere, they were all just as I recalled; however, no longer is a basket with different breads brought around to each table to see what bread you wanted. We were given two blueberry muffins and two coconut muffins, both were tasty. I really don't mind paying for good food; however, I ordered the Seafood Platter and walked away hungry. My wife got the coconut shrimp, which were tasty; however, when you pay $80 for a meal, we shouldn't have to head to the boardwalk for a Thrasher's French Fries and Dumser's MilkShake. This restaurant has all of the makings of being a great place to eat, they just need to kick it up a notch on the food offering.

• Visited September 2013
Kingsville, Maryland
“Wish it was better”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have been going to Ocean City since I was a kid (35 now), and we always went to Marina Deck. I have fond memories of the place and the breadbasket girl. I just went back this summer and it was not the best. The staff was very nice and the setting is right on the water, which is nice. The food was a bit overpriced, no more breadbasket girl, and my food was a bit rubbery. They would do well to reevaluate costs.

• Visited July 2013
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Magnificent view, mediocre food”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

On a recent stay in Ocean City, we consulted the restaurant guide in our hotel room. The Marina Deck looked like a good restaurant with a sweeping view of the bay. We were seated on the newly opened upper deck right by the water and treated with a breathtaking view of the bay. So, that part was right. Unfortunately, the food was not particularly good and very over-priced for what we got. The service was fine but 27 dollars for totally tasteless scallops and ahi tuna that tasted like it was fresh from the can plus a plate of 3 coconut shrimp for umpteen dollars felt a little stiff. Too bad because the view is wonderful. Maybe one should have drinks there and go someplace else to eat.

• Visited August 2013
“Awful”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We chose the restaurant for the kids area. We walked in and it smelled like a porta potty inside. A salad was $10 and another $6 to add chicken. Very pricey. My plate size looked like it was a kids portion. Don't waste your time or $ here.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Marina Deck Restaurant? Share your experiences!