“Captain's Table”
Review of Captain's Table

Captain's Table
Ranked #36 of 473 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located on the 3rd floor of the brand new Courtyard by Marriott on 15th Street and the beach, the family-owned Captain's Table brings back its famous menu, featuring the freshest fish, seafood, vegetables and steaks, not to mention the impeccable service. We are open 7 days a week, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in our restaurant and at the bar and lounge. Banquet rooms, meeting facilities and private dining rooms are available as well, making the Captain's Table the perfect place for you your next party, wedding reception or corporate function. Children's menu available. Families welcome. ADA Compliant - handicap accessible. Hours vary seasonally. Dinner/lite fare always 5:00 pm.
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Our family had a nice, quiet dinner at The Captain's Table in Ocean City atop the Courtyard by Marriott on Christmas Eve. Upon entering we were greet by staff members who were friendly and smiling. Our waitress was very attentive and kind. She explained the specials of the day after taking our wine order. Our appetizer was Maryland Crab soup, probably the best that we have tasted in Ocean City; not only was the flavor perfect, but the soup contained large lumps of crab meat. All of our meals were delicious: The scallops and crab combination was the best I have ever tasted. The other meals: Roasted duck and Mahi, Mahi were also prepared perfectly. The portion sizes were so large that the three of us had to have "doggie bags." Everything about the experience was excellent and we recommend The Captain's Table for locals as well as tourists. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

During our stay at the Marriott Courtyard we had two great dinners at The Captain's Table - one "fine dining" and one "pub food." Food was excellent! The cream of crab soup was outstanding, the crab guacamole was unbelievable! Service was good. Jimmy at the bar makes excellent margaritas. Kudos to the chefs!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Unfortunately prices just went up, they are reasonable now,used to be a giveaway. Well for Breakfast and Lunch anyway. The fruit bowl is unbelievable, Eggs Benedict very good. We recommend the shrimp salad for lunch. Atmosphere is really nice, and I always enjoy the $2 bloody marys at brunch.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This restaurant is located in the Courtyard hotel by Marroitt. I was staying at the hotel and arrived around 7:30 after a long drive and I just wanted to get a quick bite. When I asked the front desk where to eat they recommended their restaurant. I have to admit I generally don't think to highly of hotel restaurants. I looked at the menu and thought I could eat here. On top of it they had a nice small bar that I could sit at and watch TV. This appealed to me since I was traveling by myself.

I had the rack of lamb which was perfect. Everyone around me said there food was terrific. We got to be so friendly that we all started sharing our food. I know that sounds a bit bizzare but you had to be there. The next morning I had breakfast, and again I was not disappointed.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Tonight went for dinner that was slow, plodding and inconsiderate. Poor customer service skills created poor dining experience. Service was horrible despite the restaurant being three-quarters empty. I waited 10 minutes after placing my order to finally the waitress coming over and apologizes that they were out of wine I ordered. She brought 3 bottles to the table and said this is what they had, all at higher prices. The only food I tasted was the appetizers; crab tips, average, and the fresh oysters, overly salty, but adequate. Finally, 30 minutes after the appetizers, told her that I no longer would be waiting, cancel the order and ask the manager to come to my table. The manager on duty Lauren exhibited no concern for me, the customer. Her excuses were about the poor waitress, and she implied that me waiting 30 minutes for my entree was acceptable and that the waitress erred in delaying putting my entree order in ...?? Her pat answer to me was well how can I make you happy? I told her that I know was no longer hungry, whereby she was arguing with me that I should eat the entree that belatedly came out?? Her attitude added one more level of dissatisfaction to this dining experience. At this impasse I chose to leave the restaurant. I put $25 on the table for the wine and left. The point is that most failures in restaurants start with management. When the manager has a care-less attitude about horribly slow service, that person has no skills for the position.
Note to Marriott - this private restaurant on your site does not exhibit Marriott standards. I will not recommend this restaurant to anybody. Note to diners - Don't lower your standards on acceptable customer service and waste your time, effort or money!

4  Thank JustTony