“It was ok.”

Macky's Bayside Bar & Grill
Ranked #44 of 418 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Jersey
“It was ok.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

For the atmosphere, I thought this place was nice to watch the sunset and the tables in the beach sand to dine at were a nice touch. Don't wear heels. The food wasn't horrible but I wouldn't label it "good". It was a bit overpriced. I got the salmon special and it was a little overcooked. As for the drinks, hardly any liquor in them. My dad had to ask for another shot of vodka in his because all he could taste was mixer. I guess if you drink beer you're safe. As for the service, the waitress was nice enough but felt she was a little snarky and pushing the alcohol way too much. And borderline hitting on my father, which I personally felt was creepy and disrepectful. We were a family table with kids, not a 20 something group looking to purchase a "liquor bucket". The food came out fairly quick for it being so busy and she checked on us regularly without overdoing it. I'd go back but probably only for the sunset and maybe an appetizer. I'd definitely go somewhere else if I was craving a good meal.

• Visited June 2013

Baltimore, MD
“Bring your dog!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were stuck on the Ocean Highway during VW week (last weekend in Sept) trying to make it downtown and were hopelessly stuck in traffic, we also had our dog with us. We knew Macky's had their outdoor dining area bayside so we called to confirm that we could bring our dog. Yes!

We saw a beautiful sunset, our dog got plenty of attention, we had a nice meal.

Why not 5 stars? 2 reasons. The crab mac and cheese was not homemade style baked mac and cheese it must have been made on the stove top. My wife had mahi mahi topped with crabmeat that was good.
Reason #2? Can't prove it, but I think my credit card was hacked here, there was a bogus $1000 charge from a .com site the next morning so I had to get a new card. This was the only place I used the card with it out of my possession the prior 10 days. Like I said I can't prove it but I am suspicious

Anyway, I would still go back to Macky's with my dog again!

• Visited September 2013
Laurel, Maryland
“Very Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We recently ate at Macky's in Ocean City and were pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere is is great with a location right on the bay. It was so cool when they played " God Bless America " at sun down and everybody sang along. The food was excellent and our waitress was very friendly. I ate one of the best burgers I've ever had. We liked it so much that we went back for brunch on Sunday.

• Visited October 2013
Maryland
“Good food, great view.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Mackey's is a large restaurant/bar, but there is outside dining facing the bay. They have brought in sand, and the tables sit on the sand among palm trees...a tropcial feel. You can walk to the waters edge where you can usually see many ducks.
The menu is good, focusing on seafood dishes. the waitstaff is attentive, the food is excellent. I've had salads, crab dishes...all has been fine.
I can easily recommend Mackey's/

Visited September 2013
Baltimore
“Perfect place to wind down”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Treated to a bay front sunset at Mackys on a lovely September evening. From drinks, to food, to the patriotic music played at sunset - this is a great spot to wind down after a day on the beach. Request a table in the beach!

• Visited September 2013