“Food was good, server needs a better attitude.”

J/R's The Original Place for Ribs
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My experience at jrs was great until the server gave my father major attitude. She screwed up my dads order and then tried to blame and embarrass him by saying he didn't point to what he wanted. She did end up bringing out what he wanted and corrected it, but her crappy attitude was not appreciated by anyone. Food was decent but after that happened it just left a bad taste in my mouth, and we definitely won't be back.

1  Thank Megan S
There are newer reviews for J/R's The Original Place for Ribs

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We got there early to beat the rush. We were seated right away and the food was served in less then 15 minutes. The NY Strip was leathery and the steak fries were undercooked. The fish was ok. The only good thing we ate were the ribs. Everything was way overpriced except for the ribs. There were 3 different families there with crying children. Hard to have a conversion with so much noise. We'll try somewhere else next time.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Thank you JR's for some great food and service..... We thoroughly enjoyed your ribs and all the fixin's at your restaurant. A great time was had bay all, and we will be back again!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We went early to beat the crowd and actually benefited from it being able to order from the Early Bird menu which was excellent savings. We will return!

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stay in OC every year. Unfortunatly, we couldn't remember if it was Nicks or JR's that we ate ribs ate. We quickly realized that it was Nicks. The ribs at JR's were dry. You get two sides and your not able to substitute a salad for one of your sides. We spent less money at BJ's on the Waterfront and they are a seafood restaraunt. We were very disappointed with the price and taste of the food. My husband ordered a yeungling on tap and he said that it tasted old.