“Inconsistent”

J/R's The Original Place for Ribs
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Went here for the first time. Four of us ate for dinner. Ribs were disappointing very little meat and no fall off the bone meat. London Broil was good. Ham was good. Other items were just ok. My check was overcharged, we were there for early bird but charged us regular price. Manager adjusted it. That is why I would rate them inconsistent.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We are a young couple; we shared some of the food. The ribs were undercooked (not as tender as expected), the crabcake and 2 crab stuffed shrimps were very good (although the first and only ones I ever had, so I can't really compare), the free bread is excellent. A bit pricey (expect about 60$ for two with no soda or alcohol (I don't understand that very American habit of drinking soda with every meal)). Portions are big enough to fill a big appetite. Strangely, we were offered desert and were delivered the bill ("no rush") before I was even done with my food although the place was far from full; might have had something to do with the bad weather alert (we didn't bother to ask) on June 13th.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I had gone to J/R's years ago and had a bad experience, but this trip sure changed that.
It was sat night of memorial day weekend and we had a group of 19 people, not a small group to go out to dinner with. We tried several places to go to eat before we called J/Rs no places in ocean city were taking reservations let only able to handle a group of 19. The friendly woman who answered the phone call told us to come on down and they would have things ready for us. 15 minutes later we were all seated.
Let me first start off by saying we had a amazing server named Bernie. One of the best I think I have ever had at a restaurant, and to be able to deal with a group of 19 amazing.
The drinks were all cold and the mixed drinks were all well mixed. The menu is not very extensive but it is the place for ribs. I ordered a half rack and I must say they were very very good, they rivaled ribs I have had down south. Everyone else's meals looked very good, and everyone said it was good.
The waiter, Bernie, took care of any needs and handled the group wonderfully.
To sum it all up this place was better than expected, food was very good, prices very reasonable. Don't expect the best food or views that ocean city has to offer but for a good meal and good service give this place a try.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Waste of money, better eat a hot dog from a NY cart.
Not even what to describe this unfortunete dinner.
Stay a way !!!!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

They have good ribs and service and decent prices. Go early they get very crowded. The atmosphere is ok and easy to get to.