“Great place for breakfast in OC”

Bayside Skillet Crepe & Omelet
Ranked #24 of 418 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Winner of Ocean City's Beauty Spot Award, The Bayside Skillet is located on the bayfront at 77th Street and has been an Ocean City Maryland landmark destination and premier breakfast attraction since 1977. Served year round, The Bayside Skillet is famous for the freshest fruits available grown both locally and from around the globe, overstuffed omelettes, gourmet crepes, ice cold freshly squeezed citrus juices, bottomless coffee cup and our world famous freshly squeezed citrus Mimosas and Bloody Mary. During the summer season, our waterfront deck stays open all evening offering a relaxing atmosphere to nibble, dine, or enjoy a cocktail as the sun sets. Our pet friendly bayfront deck has a full service bar with the O's, Nats, and Phillies games and ice cold beer. Try our Very Berry Sangria, Strawberry Margarita, or create your own magic with the best freshly squeezed orange juice in the world. Hangout and indulge in breathtaking views of the sunset while we deliver handcrafted Eastern Shore Style Crab Cakes, slow roasted Blackened Prime Rib, and our Kickin' Crab Guacamole. We create new specials every day such as our Jumbo Lump Crab Cocktail, 16 ounces of jumbo lump crab sauteed in white wine, garlic, and butter--all the joys of eating crabs without the mess! Large groups and parties are welcome, please call ahead for availability. We thank you and look forward to seeing you soon.
Ashburn, Virginia
“Great place for breakfast in OC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent breakfast. Fresh squeezed OJ was fantastic. Crepes were delicious. Frittata was huge and very good. Our service was excellent.

• Visited September 2013

Salisbury, MD
“Fresh ingredients make for a delicious breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Was pleasantly surprised to find an available parking spot in what seems like a small lot. They have someone outside to guide you/greet you which seemed a little odd, but could be helpful if she actually did anything to help you, never saw her direct anyone to parking or to tell you the best way to exit. Just seemed more like a crazy lady in the parking lot which seemed a little awkward.

They seem extremely busy, but quite efficient. We waited less than 5 minutes for a "table" on a Sunday at 11am. This was probably our only mistake was accepting to sit at the bar, I'd recommend probably waiting a little longer for a table. Don't get me wrong, the bartender was amazing and super friendly, just way overworked doing all of the drink orders for the entire restaurant, too busy to take our orders really. Certainly sitting at a table will get you faster service, will make up for waiting for the table initially.

The omelet and crepe menus are quite extensive. Here inlays my only other complaint. They don't serve pancakes, waffles, biscuits, french toast or even regular toast. I don't like eggs, so was disappointed I couldn't even get some simple toast. I'm ok with no pancakes, but seems a little crazy I can't get some plain toast. But guess that's kind of like going to a seafood restaurant and not liking seafood.

The fresh squeezed grapefruit juice was amazing, very refreshing and a good start to the meal. I got the regular fruit dish (melon) as it was cheaper (~$5) and they wanted something "crazy" for the berry bowl which was like $9.95. The fruit dish consisted of grapes, pineapple, honeydew and cantaloupe. All were perfectly sweet and ripe. It was simply the best honeydew I've ever had. Didn't realize that honeydew could taste so sweet, used to the flavorless chunks you find in store bought fruit salads.

I also got a side of skillet potatoes (which seems high at first at around $6) but you get a good sized portion that's almost enough for a meal by itself. The bacon was extremely good and very crisp. (which is how I like mine, be sure to ask if you like it chewy or fatty, as you will think it is too overcooked if you like your bacon still meaty)

The omelets seem quite pricey for some of them ranging up to $20. My girlfriend got the seafood one that actually seemed a bargain at $12.95. It was beyond loaded with lump crabmeat and she could only finish 1/2 of it. It was well seasoned with old bay as well. I personally wouldn't recommend spending the money on the $15.95/$18.95 omelets as they seem way over priced. If you like crab, get the seafood one, or just get the simple $8.95~ one.

The bartender was super friendly even with being very overworked and made for a delightful slower paced enjoyable breakfast. This isn't the place to rush. We were quite pleased with all of the tropical alcoholic drinks, nice to have a place that serves alcohol that "early" in the morning. All of the drinks looked amazing and certainly not skimpy on the alcohol from what i could see.

I was disappointed that there wasn't any sort of brunch/lunch choices as well. I'm not a big breakfast eater, and I would have preferred to have a BLT, or a grilled chicken sandwich or a salad with fresh fruit myself.

Though pricey to some, you do have to pay for quality ingredients and good food. Our overall bill was $52 for 2 people, so certainly not in the same price range as an egg mcmuffin/coffee combo.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank c21801
Long Island, NY
“Pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Cute place but a bit pricey for what you get. They only serve omelettes and crepes. Everything is ala carte. Food was tasty but just didn't feel it was worth it. Cost us almost $70 for breakfast for 4 people.

“Bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Overpriced and food was not good. Crepes were not good. Omelette was just ok. Don't waste your money.

1 Thank rddfinn
Washington DC
“Went for late breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I went here for a late breakfast since crepe's are one of her favorites. We ordered crepes and I also had a side of bacon, both were cooked and tasted wonderful. Our server was gracious and pleasant. We had a very good meal here and will come back again.

1 Thank Ghostrider73