“A pleasant and fun experience”

Bayside Skillet Crepe & Omelet
Ranked #17 of 439 Restaurants in Ocean City
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Winner of Ocean City's Beauty Spot Award, The Bayside Skillet is located on the bayfront at 77th Street and has been an Ocean City Maryland landmark destination and premier breakfast attraction since 1977. Served year round, The Bayside Skillet is famous for the freshest fruits available grown both locally and from around the globe, overstuffed omelettes, gourmet crepes, ice cold freshly squeezed citrus juices, bottomless coffee cup and our world famous freshly squeezed citrus Mimosas and Bloody Mary. During the summer season, our waterfront deck stays open all evening offering a relaxing atmosphere to nibble, dine, or enjoy a cocktail as the sun sets. Our pet friendly bayfront deck has a full service bar with the O's, Nats, and Phillies games and ice cold beer. Try our Very Berry Sangria, Strawberry Margarita, or create your own magic with the best freshly squeezed orange juice in the world. Hangout and indulge in breathtaking views of the sunset while we deliver handcrafted Eastern Shore Style Crab Cakes, slow roasted Blackened Prime Rib, and our Kickin' Crab Guacamole. We create new specials every day such as our Jumbo Lump Crab Cocktail, 16 ounces of jumbo lump crab sauteed in white wine, garlic, and butter--all the joys of eating crabs without the mess! Large groups and parties are welcome, please call ahead for availability. We thank you and look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We’ve been coming to this restaurant for several years, and it’s always an enjoyable experience. The first thing that you notice is the staff. They are all very courteous and friendly. On my most recent visit, a smiling woman was directing cars to vacant spaces in the very busy parking lot. She also was greeting everyone as they passed her on foot.

The restaurant is very busy and popular, but it’s pretty big, so you can usually get a seat without waiting. There’s a nice outdoor seating area with views of the inlet, which is very pleasant-- at least if it’s not too hot. We sat outside on our recent visit, and a couple of us were trying to dodge the sun that was peeking over the umbrella. Our waiter noticed this, and tilted the umbrella to put us all in the shade.

The restaurant is known for its huge omelets and their crepes. Both come in many varieties, so much so that you have to give yourself time to digest the menu (so to speak). As a side, one of our favorites is the Potatoes Tara, pan-fried potatoes sautéed with bacon, onions, and mushrooms topped with melted cheddar cheese. It’s the most delicious dish they have! They also serve lunch and dinner, but we’ve only eaten breakfast there. The dinner must be very nice outside, as you’ll see the sun set.

Some reviewers have complained about the food being overpriced, but I disagree. If they served ordinary-sized omelets, yes, it would be, but they are huge! They must use six eggs. They are too large for the ordinary appetite, so try splitting one. Your cost not only comes down, but you don’t waste food.

My only recent complaint is that the South Style Omelet (“Philly-style” Cheesesteak with fried onions) was unimaginative. The meat didn’t appear to be seasoned, so it was pretty bland-- not what I expect from a Philly Cheesesteak.

Service is efficient and the food comes out pretty quickly considering the number of people eating there. The décor outside is bright and fun. Inside is nothing special, except for air conditioning of course.

All in all, this is a very good place and you arrive and leave feeling good. The place is always packed for breakfast, so they are doing things right. It’s well managed and their staff well trained. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We went here because someone in our hotel told us they had great food. So we orderd crapes one with apples one with strawberrys one oj "fresh squeezed" and one cup of coffee. Our bill was $30 I know we are on vacation but $ 30 for fruit and juice for two people was a bit much! I would not go back because of how they rip you off! The quantity was hugh buy not quality~ big difference!

1  Thank casylg
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were told this is the place to go for crepes. I guess it is if you like crepes for breakfast. I ordered the strawberry crepe($13) but too sweet for breakfast and too big! The strawberries were very fresh. My husband ordered the omelet. He said it was good, but again, too big. I didn't order oj ($4 wow). He ordered a coffee and I ordered an ice water. Our bill was $30 plus tip! Pretty view from deck. Decor tacky. Would not return. Suggestion for this restaurant is to cut the portions and prices in half. I dont necessarily want to "split" my breakfast as the waitress kept recommending.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

This place is really over-priced. I don't mind paying more for better food. However the quality and the taste of the food is just average. The decor is really outdated. Sitting outside is good on a sunny and not so hot morning. Otherwise it will be just miserable. Also, you can't order egg or toast on the side. Are you kidding me? Beacon is $4 for 4 pieces. OJ is $4-$5. I ordered the most expensive omelet (Seaford) for $17. I am soooooo disappointed. It did not taste good. If you want normal Breakfast and food, go somewhere else.

2  Thank DCKing
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Everything is "a La Cart". $14.00 dollars for an omelet! No potatoes, one crepe. $14.00 for Peach Crepe, one crepe. $4.00 apple juice. Never will return because of the price.

1  Thank Marlin F