“Great crab cakes”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Staff very nice. Pricey, but about par for the area. I saw a lot of people having the all-you-can-eat crabs. I had crab cakes -- was on a mission. These were delish -- Maryland style, which can seem a bit bland if you are used to the hot-pepper style. The wait staff were very friendly.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

It had been several years since we visited OC MD and were always pleased with Bahama Mama's at its downtown location; however, this new location is a very different story. First, we got the jumbo crabs and another person at the table got large crabs. The jumbo crabs were very expensive and only slightly larger than the large. Honestly, I don't mind paying more for larger crabs but feel I was charged for them but did not receive them. There was hardly anyone there and now I know why. Another thing - shower curtains serving as "doors" in the ladies bathrooms was ridiculous - I don't know how this passed inspection. If you want value for high priced crabs, crabs stay away from Bahama Mama's. One more thing, there were some patrons at the bar that were very loud and cursing and the staff did nothing to address it making for an uncomfortable atmosphere.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were frequent guests to the waterfront location in downtown oc for the view and great crabs, music on deck, and overall fun dining experience. Sometime during the winter, the place was shut down and 'new' Bahama Mama opened up on Coastal Highway. It is awful. Tacky decor, packed tight tables, and no nautical feeling whatsoever, disgusting shower curtains in the tiny bathroom stalls instead of doors, and the tables are so cramped that it is impossible to get to a seat, and no way can you pull your chair out without hitting the next guy behind you. Waitresses were all rushed and fake-happy, and phony. Did not really care to make your dining outing a joy, and realize that you were spending big bucs to eat there. Prices were very high. It has no resemblance, zero, zilcho, of the good summer feeling you used to enjoy steamers and cold beer at Bahama Mama.We will definitely be searching for a new crab house. I would be embarrassed to ever take someone to this 'new' location with hopes they get a true crab house experience. clearly a rush job to open something up, but they forgot that customers will hate their cheap decor and tight tables in a small setting that is clearly not a crabhouse. What a loss...

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We first walked in and were handed menus and not told where to sit. The waitress was rude and had no personality. She took forever to bring us everything. Multiple Hairs in my friends food and the food did not taste as I expected it to taste. The waitress did take the food with hair off of the bill and forgot to charge us for our appetizer. That was nice of her but other than that, I will never go back and highly advise others not to dine here.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate at Bahama Mama's twice during our 1 week trip. Between the 2 of us, we had 4 different seafood entree's and 3 appetizers. The service was great, the seafood was fresh and although their menu is not large, they have a little bit of everything. We had no problem making selections. We will definitely eat here each time we visit OC.