“Ice cream the best...food ok”

Dumser's Dairyland - 124th Street
Ranked #6 of 32 Dessert in Ocean City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

The ice cream here is homemade and the best and worth the price!
The food is ok but a little high. The best think on the food menu is their Maryland Crab soup...lots of crabmeat!
The servers are fantastic! Especially Allie!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We love the home-cooked food and delicious ice cream! An ice cream sundae at Dumser's is one of our favorite treats while in Ocean City.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

great fried chicken and the sundaes were so good! The milkshakes weren't bad either! Plus the service was great and they were ver kind to my rambunctious little girl!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We chose Dumsers for take-out during our early May vacation. The outside windows are closed during this time, but the inside was open. I went in, got a menu and took it to the car, chose our order and went back in to order. I asked for a club sandwich ($10.75 on the menu) and asked them to confirm it came with chips and pickle like the menu said, and I was told that for carry-out it did not come with chips and a pickle, but the cost was the same as if you ate in and those were included.

Not a big deal, seriously, we are talking about chips and a pickle.. but the girls working the register were so rude about it I started to leave, but then decided to ask for the Manager, he was actually nice, and told me the girls told me incorrect the price was different, and that I could pay for a side order. He then went back to speak with the girl and the one girl told him, "We told her that already.." not true. Rude young girls.

I ended up ordering, we brought the food home, it was ok for quick take-out fried food, nothing to write home about. Price seemed high, we had a club sandwich, 2 chicken bite kids meals (four little chicken bites and fries), a chicken tender basket and some macaroni bites and it cost $41.. I normally tip for carryout, but after the service and attitude I experienced I decided not to give them one more penny than required!

I have heard the ice cream was good, but after the service we experienced, I will not be going back during this vacation, which is sad, because normally we find one of these types of restaurants to use for easy-take out when on vacation.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I would come here for the ice cream, the food was average at best. Service here is friendly and welcoming. They offer everything from sundaes, milkshakes, floats and ice cream sodas. Family tried ice cream and milkshakes and left very happy.