“Gotta Do Dumser's”

Ranked #8 of 33 Dessert in Ocean City
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 1, 2012

On our yearly jaunt to Ocean City in the fall, we always have to stop at Dumser's at least once for the fried chicken. I don't know what they do to it; I'm not crazy about fried chicken normally, but theirs is somehow irresistable.
We find the 2 piece plate, with your choice of dark or light pieces, plus the sides, plus warm rolls is a good deal at around $9.99. Their "hard", or as we say "real", ice cream comes in plenty of flavors and is consistently high quality.
The service is pleasant, many of their wait staff seem to be Russian or slavic, so there can be accent/interpretation issues from time to time.
It's always a pleasure to patronize a family business that maintains a high quality.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stopped for ice cream. Not a lot of soft favors, more hard favors. Great taste and creamy consistancy

Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is an old fashioned restaurant that started out long ago as an ice cream parlor. We had one breakfast and one dinner there and the food/service was excellent. Reasonable prices. If you can manage to finish all the food you get, top off your trip with an ice cream sundae!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I went for a very long walk and decided to stop at Dumser's for breakfast. My husband had pancakes that were huge and he was unable to finish. He said they were just ok. I had french toast. I enjoyed it. I thought our breakfasts were a little pricey. My husband's pancakes were a $7.25. And my french toast was $8.25. The prices were not outrageous but slightly higher. I would rather have had less food for less, but they did not have a lighter menu. Our waiter did not come back to refill out coffee until our check came and I asked him for more. I felt this restaurant was just average for service and food.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Had a late breakfast here. Special was a Belgian waffle, eggs and bacon. Bacon was a bit too crisp but waffle and eggs were very good.