“Don't do it”

Cuisines: Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My father and I ordered the AYCE crabs, shrimp, and fritter combo. Crabs were small and overdone (full of water), the shrimp was very hard to peel which indicates they we're frozen, not fresh, and the fritters spent a few seconds too long in the fryer. Considering that this restaurant is right across the street from a marina the quality of the seafood was very poor. The service was fine for this type of establishment as the food came out on a timely basis and our server frequently stopped by the table. We will not go there again.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stopped at Crab Alley in OC for lunch, and I ordered the jumbo lump crabcake sandwich, which was pretty expensive at $17, BUT, let me tell you, from a crabcake aficionado like me, I have to say this was one of the best I've ever had! It was nothing but pure white jumbo lump crab, no filler, no bits of red/green pepper (which I don't like messing up my crab!), and came with tomato and lettuce slices on the side. It was delicious and well worth the price. They offer crabs by the dozen, and many other fresh seafood offerings.

This is a very casual place right on Coastal Highway, with two floors up and a full bar. They have a happy hour from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. that offers very good deals on a variety of food like ribs, chicken, etc., as well as cheap drink specials. The bar was pretty full right before noon and then the restaurant tables filled up pretty fast right after we sat down. They also have an outdoor covered patio area with tables and a nice stone fireplace.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Got there around 5:30pm, easy parking, didn't have to wait. Say on the deck overlooking the harbor. Seating was a little cramped but not bad. My wife and I got the seafood dinner for two. It came with a dozen medium crabs, 1/2lb of shrimp, a basket of hush puppies, two ears of corn and two bowls of soup. Soup was amazing, shrimp was delicious. We ended up getting like 16 crabs instead of 12. Great taste, ate ourselves silly. Price was very reasonable for two considering what we ate. Our waitress was very friendly and didn't leave our drinks empty. Would recommend!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

No wait to be seated. We were seated upstairs which was not loud and had lots of windows. The waitress was very friendly and efficient. Everyone in my party had AYCE crabs so I cannot comment on other foods on the menu. The crabs were of nice size. Much bigger than a lot of other AYCE offers. First dozen was spiced nice, all others were a bit light with seasoning, but with a side of Old Bay, not a problem. There were a couple of other food items you get with the crabs, but frankly I cannot remember what they were. I go right to the crabs! Highly recommend to my fellow crab lovers.

2  Thank Steven B
Reviewed July 30, 2014

They seated us right away at 7 PM on a busy night in July which was impressive. Unfortunately we were seated in a room in the back of the restaurant that was unbelievably noisy, even for a crab house. It was actually difficult to hear the person next to you. Food was ok; my crabcake could've used more seasoning but was loaded with meat. My plate came out lukewarm but by that point we just wanted to eat and escape the noise. Others ordered chicken sandwiches and burgers and were happy with their meal.