“overpriced”

Jonah & The Whale Seafood
Ranked #294 of 418 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Food was not great and way overpriced. Not a great selection of food and the atmosphere needs updated.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Over cooked, cold”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

2 people 72.00 for overcooked and cold. Even the instant pototoes was cold. Ordered pasta at the pasta bar and the cook told me he would bring it to me asked where I was sitting and never brought it to me. My husband could not even eat the crab legs because of being overcooked and cold.

Pittsburgh
“Great Buffet!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I really don't understand all the negative comments about this place. My daughter and I ate here on August 22nd. A friend of mine comes here every time she is in Ocean City and just loves it. So we decided to give it a try. We were welcomed as soon as we walked in the door. The hostess asked us if we have been here before, then explained the layout of the buffet to us. Our waiter, I believe his name was Alin, was extremely friendly and was at our table every 5 minutes to remove dirty dishes and refill drinks. And the food...well all I can say is it was wonderful! There was always someone bringing out food, nothing was cold or undercooked, and the crab legs, before the pan was even emptied, someone had brought out a fresh batch! For those complaining about the price, there really aren't alot of places where you can have all you can eat crab legs for $25.99 (we had a coupon!). And for people complaining about the 15% gratuity, remember, the waiter/waitress gets 10% and the rest of the staff splits 5%. I gave our waiter a little extra, because I believe he should have received 20% from us! Alin took some time to talk with us about where he is from and how he enjoys spending the summer in Ocean City before he has to return to school. All in all, I must say I was very happy with my dinner here! And unlike others who have posted here, neither myself or my daughter spent hours in the bathroom after!

3 Thank loriann0702
Washington, Pennsylvania
“Pretty good buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We always eat at Jonah & The Whale seafood buffet when we visit OC. There are many buffets to choose from and we have tried many, but this is the one we have found to be the best one for us. Go early and get the discount. It has your typical buffet items, crab legs, shrimp, etc. they also have some non seafood items as well a nice salad bar and desserts too.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank amy m
Spotsylvania, Virginia
“worst buffet ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I would not recommend this place to my worst friend..i now understand why they force a 15%tip on your bill you have to find your waiter to get any service the food was either cold or overcooked I got a pasta dish made and they put cold shrimp that tasted sort of like that rubber mouthpiece that you wore in pee wee football ,I think I can stomach eating almost anything but it was all I could do to get to my hotel room 7 blocks away without messing myself ,my whole family took turns in our restroom if I had to do over I would rather go to mcd's at least you know its worth what you pay I've eaten at many buffets and this one is so overpriced it left a bad taste in my mouth I wouldn't even try dessert but the best thing was three hours later when I got ice cream from D Q it was great