“Awesome food with attention to detail.”

The Shark on the Harbor
Ranked #11 of 439 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: real food * from scratch We believe that great food and healthful ingredients are not mutually exclusive of each other. We buy organic produce from local farmers and seafood from the commercial fishing harbor right outside our restaurant. We feature all natural products - steering clear of preservatives and antibiotics. Whole grains and whole foods are used in the preparation of our menu - which our chefs write twice daily, based on what's fresh, available and delicious. Fresh. Local. Organic. Taste the difference.
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Love this place every time we go. Unique dishes, fresh quality dishes with a special flare. Loved the avocado appetizer and the caprese salad! The tile fish special was outstanding. We will continue to come back!

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

This is clearly a top spot for dining while vacationing in Ocean City. It offers a great view of the harbor which becomes even more fantastic as the boats go out and the sun sets.

I found the staff super attentive, and the cauliflower steak was a good appetizer.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The food is very good, but it gets a bit crowded and the drinks are more expensive. This is a nice place to have a drink and hordourves by the water then had over to Captain's Galley for dinner or Sunset Grille.for music and dinner.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

This was my second time to eat at The Shark, my sister and I ate there last year. It was very good. The dishes are very inventive and all ingredients are fresh and from local sources. I really appreciate that. It is small so I recommend that you make
a reservation. I love the view of the harbor and Assateague. I look forward to going again next year!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We try to visit The Shark on every trip to Ocean City and we're there frequently. The Shark was doing farm/sea-to-table long before it became trendy. Chef Travis has a truly deft and creative hand in the kitchen and we see lots of the same faces on the wait staff which I think is an indication of a well-run business. On our most recent visit, I had a wonderful swordfish with a Carolina mustard barbecue sauce served over a vegetable "hash" infused with Andouille sausage. So often swordfish can be dry but this was moist and tender and the flavor combination was amazing. My husband loves their sushi-grade tuna with seaweed salad. Sometimes they will have a grilled fish with a Hawaiian sweet and sour barbecue sauce. (I forget the fancy name of it.) If that's on the menu--go for it. Scrumptious! There is always something new and different on the menu which now changes on a daily basis. Lots of options, too, for those who may not want a full meal. Great variety of small plates, salads where you can add a protein, etc. Yes, it can be noisy, but the quality of the food and view of the commercial fishing harbor more than makes up for the noise level. Lunches are also very good (get the shrimp and grits) and reasonably priced. Would highly recommend reservations for dinner and we usually call a day or two ahead for a prime time table. It is packed year-round (and we have been there when the snow was flying outside.) Another example of non-touristy dining on the West Side of Ocean City and consistently excellent food.

1  Thank Anne M