“Great view and food!”

The Shark on the Harbor
Ranked #11 of 439 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: real food * from scratch We believe that great food and healthful ingredients are not mutually exclusive of each other. We buy organic produce from local farmers and seafood from the commercial fishing harbor right outside our restaurant. We feature all natural products - steering clear of preservatives and antibiotics. Whole grains and whole foods are used in the preparation of our menu - which our chefs write twice daily, based on what's fresh, available and delicious. Fresh. Local. Organic. Taste the difference.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went there for Restaurant Week. Had a flat iron steak that literally melted in your mouth! I love that they only use local veggies and fish. Great night out! If in West OC, you need to try this place! 3 courses for $30 cannot be beat. Also liked their "out of town" wine list. Interesting and well priced. I'm a local and I'll definitely go back!

1  Thank Maggiemay602
There are newer reviews for The Shark on the Harbor

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We've driven past the shark a number of times to get to the Harborside. While we do love Harborside, the lunch we had here was awesome. Food was fresh and local. Waitress was great and prices weren't bad for the area.

We'll definitely be back to try dinner. Great job!

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

We arrived in OC Sunday and were looking for a nice dinner away from the strip. Saw some good reviews and liked their daily menu online so we called ahead. Turns out it is one of many restaurants clustered by the bay. Husband had the lamb meatball app served atop Camembert with a balsamic drizzle - delicious. He enjoyed his crab cake, though I found the crawfish cream sauce a little heavy for an item "on the lighter side" of their menu, perhaps a unique fresh salad would have paired better. It was restaurant week so I went with the prix fix. Started with the seafood soup, which was good but heavy on red pepper, I wouldn't order again. Chose the seared local tuna and it was fantastic. Six nice slices with great flavor and texture, served alongside a tasty Asian inspired veg mix. Couldn't keep my husband's fork off my plate! Ended with the creme brûlée which had good flavor and a fun raspberry shooter, though the carmelized top was not as crispy as usual. Overall a very nice dinner overlooking the bay.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Picked this based on others reviews. Was even better than I was hoping for. My blue cheese filet mignon was OUTSTANDING. The garden salad was unique and flavorful. The spicy tuna teaser had my tastebuds dancing! Small place, so make reservations. Our server was friendly, busy night, service a little slow. But not complaining, WELL WORTH IT!!!

1  Thank WannaBePhotographer
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We tried The Shark because of all the positive articles we read. We have to say it is probably one of the best restaurants we have ever experienced - and we eat out alot. The menu is very different but offers something for every taste from gourmet to small plates to bison burgers. The scallop ceviche, steamed shrimp, filet mignon, and Chesapeake chicken were beyond excellent. The staff - especially Dan - are incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, attentive, and courteous. The manager/hostess checked on us and made us feel very welcome. The place is small and has a lot of local customers so it is a good idea to have a reservation. They pride themselves on using fresh, local, and home-grown ingredients and the food tastes incredible!!! We hope to go back many more times before we leave Ocean City. Well done Shark owners, chefs, and staff. You are truly a five star restaurant.