“Tapas style seafood with a view”

The Shark on the Harbor
Ranked #16 of 449 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: real food * from scratch We believe that great food and healthful ingredients are not mutually exclusive of each other. We buy organic produce from local farmers and seafood from the commercial fishing harbor right outside our restaurant. We feature all natural products - steering clear of preservatives and antibiotics. Whole grains and whole foods are used in the preparation of our menu - which our chefs write twice daily, based on what's fresh, available and delicious. Fresh. Local. Organic. Taste the difference.
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I had been here for the best lunch we've ever had 4 years ago and now had a chance to return for dinner. We were not dissapointed, the atmosphere was energetic but not loud. We were seated right away and quickly greated by our server Brit. She went out of her way to guide us through the menu and to make suggestions. She explained that their menu is printed 2 x day based on what has been locally grown and harvested throughout the day. I love this philosophy and the great food reflected it. We had mostly small plates: Jumbo shrimp over white bean puree (awesome), crispy oysters, miso shrimp soup, captians stew, beef tips and truffled pototoe chips (really delicious flavor). My husband was afraid he would not be full when he saw "small plates", so he got a crab cake platter from "lighter fair" smaller portions. Not only was is not small it was delicious, I can't imagine what the entree version is like. They had a great wine list and craft beers, we had a great time trying all of these different foods and drinks.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,355)

Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We go to the shark very often and have always bben very happy. We went for lunch on sep 23 and we were both very unhappy. I ordered lobster sald sandwich an there was so much onion, celery and capers in it u couldn't taste the lobster. My husband had a fishermens stew and he had same complaint couldn't find the seafood in it. I work at Assateague and frequently send campers to the shark when asked for a recommendation. We will try it again before writing it off, hope not a sign of changes for the negative.

1  Thank Cudjo
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I would recommend that everyone who comes to Ocean City should dine at least once at the Shark! Atmosphere is wonderful, size is lovely. The food is delicious and the choices are excellent. The menu has something for everyone. The prices are very good. We were there two times during our four day stay-wish we were there four! Staff is very friendly.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife, I and another couple had dinner last night (September 24, 2012) at the “The Shark”. It was our 2nd visit this summer. The restaurant is small, but it was off season and seating was not a problem. Service was friendly and if anything too fast. We all ordered small plates and the table got crowded as more plates arrived before we were finished with the prior round; we were slow eating because of sharing and a lot of talking.

The “Disappointment” in this review is the varying quality of the salads, soup and small plates. They fell into three categories: First, very good --- Wasabi Tuna along with Steer and Spuds; Second, okay --- Crispy Oysters, Harbor Steamer and the Fisherman’s Stew; and Third, problem dishes --- Lobster Cakes had little lobster flavor and the steamed Littleneck Clams were tough. The variety of offerings was great and provided for some great conversation.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great Food. I go here every time I am in Ocean City. I meet friends here for lunch and I have been here for dinner. I really enjoy this place. Food is always great and atmosphere is great. Service is pretty good. Outstanding place to go.