“Great restaurant!”

The Shark on the Harbor
Ranked #11 of 441 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: real food * from scratch We believe that great food and healthful ingredients are not mutually exclusive of each other. We buy organic produce from local farmers and seafood from the commercial fishing harbor right outside our restaurant. We feature all natural products - steering clear of preservatives and antibiotics. Whole grains and whole foods are used in the preparation of our menu - which our chefs write twice daily, based on what's fresh, available and delicious. Fresh. Local. Organic. Taste the difference.
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I would recommend that everyone who comes to Ocean City should dine at least once at the Shark! Atmosphere is wonderful, size is lovely. The food is delicious and the choices are excellent. The menu has something for everyone. The prices are very good. We were there two times during our four day stay-wish we were there four! Staff is very friendly.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,328)

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife, I and another couple had dinner last night (September 24, 2012) at the “The Shark”. It was our 2nd visit this summer. The restaurant is small, but it was off season and seating was not a problem. Service was friendly and if anything too fast. We all ordered small plates and the table got crowded as more plates arrived before we were finished with the prior round; we were slow eating because of sharing and a lot of talking.

The “Disappointment” in this review is the varying quality of the salads, soup and small plates. They fell into three categories: First, very good --- Wasabi Tuna along with Steer and Spuds; Second, okay --- Crispy Oysters, Harbor Steamer and the Fisherman’s Stew; and Third, problem dishes --- Lobster Cakes had little lobster flavor and the steamed Littleneck Clams were tough. The variety of offerings was great and provided for some great conversation.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great Food. I go here every time I am in Ocean City. I meet friends here for lunch and I have been here for dinner. I really enjoy this place. Food is always great and atmosphere is great. Service is pretty good. Outstanding place to go.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Found the shark on the other side of Ocean City harbour looking for new restaurants to try. This one is a keeper. Tried the shark bites to start and had black tipped shark for the entree. My wife had a small filet over a salad. Both of us enjoyed our meal thoroughly. Our server was helpful in explaining what to expect in taste and texture from some of their shark dishes as well as being attentive throughout the meal. The location offers a nice view of the harbour to add to your dining experience.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

The food was fresh and inventive. I ordered the crab cakes and my husband had the tempura tuna. Both dishes were amazing. The service was top notch as well and the view charming.