“As Good as it Gets in OC”

The Shark on the Harbor
Ranked #9 of 441 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: real food * from scratch We believe that great food and healthful ingredients are not mutually exclusive of each other. We buy organic produce from local farmers and seafood from the commercial fishing harbor right outside our restaurant. We feature all natural products - steering clear of preservatives and antibiotics. Whole grains and whole foods are used in the preparation of our menu - which our chefs write twice daily, based on what's fresh, available and delicious. Fresh. Local. Organic. Taste the difference.
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I visited The Shark on vacation with the family and man, was it good!! It's a bit of a ritzy place, so be prepared for a bill on the higher side, but trust me, the food is well worth it! As appetizers, we had mako shark bites, which were seasoned beautifully and tasted great, and a seafood dip, which I could not eat due to a shellfish allergy, but I was assured was also spectacular. We were also treated to a free appetizer, consisting of too many ingredients for me to remember, but it was still excellent! Finally dinner arrived after a relatively short wait, and we were delighted again. My father and brother both ordered swordfish dishes that they loved and I, being at a restaurant called "The Shark" figured it would be a good idea to order some thresher shark. Was I ever right!! All the food tastes delicious and as fresh as can be. I highly recommend The Shark to anyone in Ocean City!!

1  Thank Sean K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,335)

Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

We started off with the wasabi tuna...excellent. Then we had the grilled mako and the chicken chesapeake...excellent. The quality of the food was top notch and an excellent value.

1  Thank Jml0717
Reviewed July 16, 2012

All of our food tasted very fresh and was great. The prices were also very good, especially if you get one of their daily specials. Our only complaint is that my husband was really looking forward to trying shark and there was only one shark item on the menu. However, we understand that the menu changes daily because it depends on which items they can get each day...ensuring the fresh quality!

1  Thank BKS8843
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Can't say enough good about this place. Just make sure you book your reservations early because they are not that big snd fill up fast!!

2  Thank David S
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Excellent farm to table food, exceptional service! Had the lobster corn fritters - delicious but would probably try something else next time since fried food is a rarity for us. Wasabi Tuna was better than it appeared in the ad, if at all possible & the chicken Chesapeake was the best we ever had! Only downfall was the dessert selection - we're Smith Island cake connoisseurs...

3  Thank Sometimessara