“Good food nice atmosphere”

The Shark on the Harbor
Ranked #9 of 420 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good food nice atmosphere”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I like to eat and I like when a chef can put together flavors. In short I was pleased. My wife couldnt finish her meal and boxed it. The next morning she said that "that's the best tasting cold fries I've ever tasted" loved it

4 Thank Homestead27

Jacksonville, Florida
“Very Friendly”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

The Shark is great food and very friendly service.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank philstafferontherun
Ocean City, MD
“One awesome/consistent restaurant”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Being a local, I don't go out to dinner very often so when I do I want good service and consistently good food. The Shark is that restaurant. I've actually been twice this month, both times on a Thursday because of the dinner special -- 1.5 lobster, lobster mashed potatoes, fresh vegetables and bread for $20. Everything was cooked to perfection, as usual. The duck 2 ways and eggplant tower (layered with crab meat) are also excellent choices.

• Visited February 2012
4 Thank ocpony
Denver, Pennsylvania
“Could benefit from friendlier staff”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We’ve been to The Shark quite a few times. It is always busy, so it’s best to make a reservation if you decide to give it a try. We really appreciate that the restaurant utilizes fresh local ingredients in their dishes and offers some creative and unique combinations on the menu. It certainly gives The Shark an edge in a sea of AYCE crab buffets. Some of our favorites here are the lobster mashed potatoes and the crab cakes. The aioli is very yummy. Plus, we love that they have homemade treats that we can order and take home for our dog.

However, this restaurant has one significant downfall, and that is its service. Each time we’ve eaten here, we’ve commented on the icy greeting we receive at the door. There is a particular hostess who is very arrogant and unfriendly, and that always has a negative impact on our dining experience. When we dropped in without reservations last week, we were told at 7:00 that the wait time for a party of 2 would be 2 hours, which we felt to be extremely excessive in the off season. I find it hard to believe that the restaurant wouldn’t be able to accommodate a party of 2 earlier than 9:00 in the evening. But if that’s the case, The Shark should consider hiring more staff members. I wouldn’t wait 2 hours to eat dinner even if it was being prepared by Bobby Flay, and while the food here is a cut above some of the other OC restaurants, it’s still not 5 star quality. With friendlier and faster service, I’d give The Shark much more business.

• Visited February 2012
4 Thank EllieWhit1863
Berlin MD
“One of my go-to restarants!”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I am a local and this is one of my favorite spots! Great food made with local, organic ingredients (one of the very few in the area). Good views and reasonable prices. The only downside is the service can be a little unpredictable and unfriendly. Good lunch spot!

2 Thank opgal1