“Great service and good food”
Review of Olive Tree Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Olive Tree Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I am not a big fan of Italian restaurants, and Olive Tree was decent. The portions were pretty big (we had the combo meals with the choice of 2 different entrees) and our waiter was very nice. The bread was ok, as was the salad. I have the shrimp scampi and I liked it, my husband liked the chicken parm and his lasagna was ok. The chicken alfredo wasn't as good as I thought it would be, the chicken was a little dry and the alfredo sauce was bland.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

endless salad and great pasta, good service.
reasonable prices. Friendly atmosphere. call ahead seating. plenty of parking

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We didn't have a very good experience at the Olive Tree. First, it took forever for our waitress to take our order. She said that she had been "unavoidably detained" -- I think she may have been outside smoking a cigarette. Diners who were seated after us, received their meals well ahead of us. The salad dressing had so much garlic in it, we couldn't eat it. The salad dressing tasted like liquid garlic. And the rolls were more than day old. When we finally received our entrees, the food was just barely warm and, in fact, the sauce on my chicken francais had started to congeal. At this point, we were so hungry, we ate the meals rather than sending them back. The waitress told us that the vegetable of the day was green beans, which were basically tasteless. After a few minutes,we realized we didn't receive a side order of pasta with our entrees. When the waitress finally returned, we inquired about it and she told us that we could have substituted pasta for the green beans, but she forgot to tell us because she is "out of practice." Seems the restaurant just re-opened for the season. While my chicken was very tasty, my husband's chicken was very chewy. My daughter's veal was overcooked, and the portion size was small considering the cost of the entree. Unfortunately, I think it's the last time we'll eat there, which is a shame because I think this restaurant has some potential.

1  Thank SLeder
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We arrived in O.C. for Sunfest with our grand children from home which is 250 miles away on a Friday they thought this was the Olive Garden so we went . We soon found it was not but the kids where hungry so we stayed. I am allergic to hard cheese such as Romano(People do not know that this is not rare and should read about this) .so we asked that it be not added to the food but be brought seperatly so my wife could add it to her dish. We ordered the service was o.k. but things just taste right from the salad to the food which was overcooked and the sauce was a little sour . They asked if we wanted wrapped which we did not want . We asked for the check I paid in cash just to get out faster because the grand kids wanted to go .
With in a hour we knew we where in trouble we all had food poisioning with strong sulfer smell on our breath and upset stomachs all having to go to the bathroom all night long even with taking Imodium and then Cipro . (we travel alot and are well prepared) . Lucky we where at the Caoucel Hotel which gave us a key to a vacant room down the hall to use the bathroom because we where 4 in one room all needing to use the bathroom . This is a great Hotel and there was no charge but we took care of the house keeping . We stayed in all Saturaday and got to Sunfest for a few hours on Sunday .
If you count the gas,tolls,room it cost us over $150/per person for this meal. and the kids could not use the pool or ice skating at the hotel. We did not call the restaurant if they don't know the status of their kitchen than the need the board of health classes. My wife wanted to call the board of health but I did not want to get involved. I wish the Bd of Health with trip advisor would get allerts and if there was enongh of the same kind of complaints they would take action. Not to shut a restaurant on but to help them solve thier problems and if they don't should post a sign like they do in N.J. and NY

3  Thank marc s
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Italian resturant with good choices and the food is pretty good. A little too garlicky. Love the endless salads. Moderately price.