“Italian by the Sea ”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Family weekend away - we really wanted some authentic Italian but we don't eat seafood. We found this place and decided to try it out...it was amazing. We did miss the normal Italian options like Olive oil with the bread and fresh grated parmesan but the entrees were absolutely outstanding. My picky kids were done before I was and wanted seconds.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We took advantage of the early bird specials. The salad is served family style with a homemade creamy Italian dressing. We did not care for it. The bread was nothing special. The meals were excellent. Veal parmesan, chicken parmesan and the lobster ravioli. Took advantage of the coupon for a free cannoli which was very good.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went to dinner at 5:45, so we got a lower price by a few dollars.
Dinner was delicious. Wonderful waitress - Renate!!! Very nice salad and good bread!
Then we had mussels marinara for an appetizer. I had lobster ravioli. Delicious sauce -creamy, but light. My husband had spaghetti with meatballs - two large meatballs and lots of spaghetti.
We took salad, bread and leftovers back to the hotel.

Reviewed May 15, 2018

I'm giving this a 2 because our waiter was very nice. I had spaghetti and meatballs and my meal was fine. Nothing to write home about but it wasn't awful. My son had cheese ravioli and added shrimp. He couldn't eat the shrimp and the ravioli needed more sauce. My mother had lasagna and was very disappointed. There were only 2 noodles, hamburger and some cheese. There were no layers and no flavor. Tried the pineapple mixed drink and it was way too heavy on the alcohol. My mother had an italian margarita and it had sugar around the rim which just made it way too strange. The people at the table next to us had a coupon for a free cannoli but were told they couldn't use it so they gave it to my son. The cannoli wasn't bad. It was probably the highlight of the entire dinner. Way too expensive. Won't go back.

Reviewed May 3, 2018

My quest for good Italian food ended last night. Last week, I ordered fettuccine Alfredo from a restaurant and I had to send that (along with dry like a sandbox meatballs) back-that scene didn't happen here! Everything was delicious. We ordered the mussels, lasagna, shrimp fettuccine Alfredo and everything was great. The Fettuccine Alfredo was a seasoned, creamy blend of cheeses and the shrimp was pretty big. The next time I go to OC, I will definitely be going back.