“Great location and okay pizza”
Review of Tony's Pizza

Tony's Pizza
Ranked #221 of 440 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in to Tony ' s due to its excellent location on the boardwalk and that they were willing to make a pizza without sauce for my son. The service was good and the pizza, while not fancy, was tasty. The salad we had contained bag lettuce but the house dressing was nice. I felt for what it was, it was a little pricy, especially when you are served on paper plates, and get no refills for your ice filled soft drink. It is a popular spot and does have some outdoor ocean view seating, if you can get it.

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Went here after reading they had been voted best pizza by the newspaper. No wonder The Baltimore Sun is losing readership. We started off with a ceasar salad, I have had a better salad in a bag from Giant. And it didnt get better than there, the pizza was a giant piece of thick cardboard with bland sauce and cheap cheese. Not to mention the fact you have to conserve your drink because you cant get refills, they probably make more money off drinks because you need to take a gulp to swallow the pizza. Never again! I will stick to Dough Roller or Fat Daddys for pizza and subs. My bro-in-law got an italian cold cut and that suckec too. SAVE YOUR MONEY!

1  Thank rich529
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The place is a joke. I wanted a cup of ranch to dip my pizza in and the waitress said we can't give you one unless you order a salad. I found that odd because I said I would pay for it but they said no. The drinks are filled 3/4 the way with ice, are $2.99 a piece, and no refills. My main reason for a 1 star review is my Fiance pulled a 12 inch hair out of a bite of pizza. We told our waitress who told the manager and he said he would give us another pizza. I said no, we don't want to eat here now, we want to leave. He replied with "What? Over one hair? That happens. We are human." I understand things like that happen. They way he played it off like I'm the crazy person for not wanting more pizza really pissed me off. The guy was clearly a spoiled clown. DO NOT GO HERE!!

2  Thank Cole K
Reviewed July 19, 2014

As an avid pizza lover...I was pretty disappointed. First of all...I loved the balcony and the beach view was great. The pizza was better than ok but definitely not the best I have had. Service is the cause of this three star review. Our waiter and his assistant could not get our order straight. We ended up getting two free pizza's due to the fact that several other people who sat down after us got their food first and then when we did get our pizza order it was wrong. To end the service debacle...we couldn't get them to bring us our check. This could be a good pizza restaurant but they need to get their service in order!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I usually go to the Dough Roller, but have also been to Tony's on occasion. This weekend we decided to go, because as I was not aware until this visit, they have a roof deck. Average pizza on a nice day looking out over the ocean is a lot better than average pizza anywhere else.

Like a lot of other reviewers on here I am disappointed in the fact that soda refills are a full price charge, so I switched to water. For pizza we ordered the Tony's special (cheese, pepperoni, sausage, peppers and mushrooms). It wasn't bad. We enjoyed it overall. But like a lot of pizza places at the beach, the prices are high and the pizza is average.

Just remember that there are other places in town that are probably a little bit better. If you want good and cheaper pizza, go a block or so off the boardwalk.