“Great location & view. Burgers, not so great!”
Review of Flavors of Italy

Flavors of Italy
Ranked #334 of 437 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Germantown, Maryland
“Great location & view. Burgers, not so great!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We've eaten here before & everything was great. However, this time...burger was not good at all...very greasy & tasted blah! Service was ok, but the location can't be beat!

Visited July 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Was Beyond Disappointed!!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

How bad could a reataurant be if it has location, location, location???? Well let me tell you... We had passed the restaurant a few times during our stay and believed their breakfast special sign. After sitting thirty minutes to wait for the restaurant to be open, we were told that "keachen not open". Staff could not speak English, there was no handicap accessible entrance, and finally allowed to enter but was then told "only drinks no food". A young lady came around and told us and others that the kitchen was still not open but gave us menus, which had mold all over them! Then a non-English speaking young man took our drink order. It is now 35 mins since the sign said they were open. As we are told again that kitchen not ready, we hear another table has ordered and received food. But they were being told "only cash". This is after they received their food. We have still not had our order taken but the moldy menus do not show the $2.99 specials only $10 breakfasts. I ask for the bill and to-go lids for the styrofoam cups they served us coffee in!!! To top off the horrible experience....no one was nice, no customer service of any kind and the lids did not stay on so my 82 year old mother in law and I ended up burning ourselves and spilling all over our rental car!!!!! I have done a lot of mom and pop restaurants over the years but this was horrible!!! Mainly whoever owns this place needs to put staff through a few training sessions on how not to put fingers in the drinks that are being served! Really disgusting!!!!

1 Thank 43551
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous Find!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We randomly picked this restaurant to get out of the rain. Yes the bathrooms are horrible! I have to say we were pleasantly surprised with the delicious food. The bread, the Caesar salad was delicious and we were all happy with our entrees. Enough to take half of it home. The waiter was very nice. For those that comment negatively on the staff that doesn't speak English well- a lot of students come from Europe for a work study program. Food is very subjective, but for us, it was the best food we had during our trip. Great ocean view on the porch.

• Visited July 2012
Woodbridge, Canada
“good patio”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Average food but their coffee is really good. Staff was very frindly, and as it was an extreme hot day they kept bringing water with lemon to refresh ourselves.

Visited July 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“not good at all”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The only thing good about this restaurant was sitting on the patio on the boardwalk with a view of the ocean. Our service was horribly slow and our server had a strong accent (not sure where from) so not sure she understood. My husband asked for alfredo sauce on his pasta with his chicken parm and she said she'd have to ask, then she came back and said no, we can't do that which we thought was ridiculous. I had the lasagna which was not very good. My kids had spaghetti which was ok. Also, they brought the salad with the meal, not sure if they did that on purpose or the server forgot to bring it before. We never got our drinks refilled and actually our drink order was wrong but we just went with it. I had to take my son to the bathroom and the women's restroom was out of order!! Don't waste your time and money (and it was pricey). I was really close to complaining to the manager, but couldn't find anyone, and by that time we just wanted to get out of there!

Visited June 2012