“Disappointed”

Nick's House of Ribs
Ranked #84 of 416 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Brew Pub, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: World famous baby back ribs! It all starts with the food, and since 1983 we have been serving up the moistest, most tasty, fall off the bone great ribs you will ever have. Not to be outdone by the ribs the rest of our menu, including Juicy steaks, and unbelievably good crab cakes and seafood, and salads, offers something for everyone. Our newly updated dining room will deliver an upscale experience at many different price points. Or if you choose a little more relaxed experience, our pub has 30+ high def tvs for all the latest sports action, 24 craft draft beers, and an extensive wine, and whiskey list. If you have not been in for a while, or are looking to impress that special one, or your family, Nicks is a place that should be on your must do list.
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I always liked Nick's but took my GF'S for Prime Rib and it was horrible! It tasted like overdone roast beef and not Prime Rib.
What really got me is I'm a frequent customer and they should have given us something off but they didn't.
Very disappointed!

Ocean City, Maryland
“Very Good Ribs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Nick's is known for their ribs, as you would expect. They are good! They offer an extensive menu of delicious food. This is a great place to take the entire family. Everyone will find something they like.
There is a lot of seating, however it can be crowded at times during the summer. The walls are covered with lots of interesting sports memorabelia and photos.
The bar area is comfortable and seats quite a few patrons. The beer is cold and the drinks are average. The service at the bar can be slow at times. If you purchase a mug, the beer prices are a little cheaper. You must use it at least once a year to keep it active. Candy canes in the mugs are removed when you use yours.
Restaurant service is usually very good. Their prices are reasonable. The portions are generous.
Parking can be a problem at times, but a few minutes of exploring will land you a spot nearby. There is parking behind the restaurant as well.

• Visited November 2012
Maryland
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

On a windy freezing night at the ocean Nick's was perfect in every way. The restaurant had a cheerful warmth of holiday decorations. We were politely greeted and seated immediately although the restaurant was nearly filled. Our waitress was a knowledgeable young woman who gave us good suggestions. The seafood gumbo was a tasty soup and the ribs were perfectly done. The desserts were scrumptious and we had to indulge. Nick's is not too expensive, service and food were great. Highly recommend!

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Great Ribs, not so great beverage glasses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

As many have written before me, Nick's has the Best ribs in OC, MD. The service is always great, the food is prepared well; however I wish they would get new beverage glasses. I find it uncomfortable to drink out of a "Mason jar"! I'm not sure of the significance, if there is any; but in my opinion, it does not fit with the atmosphere or the decor. Nick; give us the option of a jar or a real glass for beer and other beverages. To be honest, I would like to order a beer with my ribs, but I don't because I really don't like the jar. So, until they make a change, I will continue to order ribs and a soft drink!

• Visited December 2012
Short Hills, New Jersey, United States
“Excellent place to eat if you like ribs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

On a recent golf trip to OC we ate at Nick's one night to satisfy the need to have ribs. House of Ribs is a great way to describe it! Our service was excellent and the ribs were out of this world. We were seated quickly and a waiter was at our table in less than 2 minutes. Our meal was enjoyed by everyone and we will definitely be returning to Nick's on our next trip to OC!

• Visited October 2012