“Very very much improved, actually looking forward to my next visit!”

Phillips Crab House
Ranked #53 of 437 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Takeout
Description: The original Phillips Seafood Restaurant, established in 1956! Known as the most popular dining destination in Ocean City, complete with a traditional a la carte menu, famous all-you-can-eat seafood buffet, and carry out counter for Phillips favorites on the go.
York, Pennsylvania
“Very very much improved, actually looking forward to my next visit!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Let me start off by saying I do not eat seafood, but the other 4 members of ny family are seafood lovers and go to Phillips for the crablegs and raw oysters, so I tag along. Honestly last year I felt my meal was equal to something I would have eaten at a soup kitchen...not this year! Brand new menu items, bacon wrapped BBQ chicken was delicious, honey pecan fried chicken, new macaroni and cheese, turkey was moist, pasta bar was delicious, and the salad bar was totally redone with much better veggies and salads. Honestly I could not say one bad thing about the food. Service was above and beyond what we could have asked for...oh and my family said seafood was same as always, delicious and endless, just like they like it!!!! Kudos Phillips, whatever you are doing keep it up!!!

1 Thank PAsFab5

• Polish first
“Still a favorite”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I always look forward to eating at Phillips when I visit ocean city. I always went as a kid and I was super excited to bring my husband this year as it was his first time. Naturally, he loved it! First things I always go for, crab imperial, raw oysters, blue crabs, snow crab legs and steamed shrimp. All as delectable as I remember. There was shrapnel in the crab imperial and crab cakes but what do you expect? They're feeding mass amounts of people on a daily basis, they don't have time to be immaculately accurate. To much shrapnel? Chuck it and grab more. Don't walk in expecting a five star restaurant, this is a buffet. It's excellent for buffet food but yet and still, it's buffet food. Soups are great, made to order pasta is delish, prime rib is good, a bit fatty but I like a bit of fat. Desserts are good from what my husband said. I think I was annoying the guy shucking oysters because I took them just as quickly as he shucked them. Lol. All in all, a great place to eat but if you're expecting very high quality food, this is probably not a good place to stop.

2 Thank Brklyn83
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
“Excellent as always”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Food was excellent and hot. Service was superb. Diane was wonderful and very attentive. Would recommend to anyone and plan to return year after year.

Visited July 2013
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Depends”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I like variety so I enjoyed it but my teenager didnt feel the same. The Maryland Blue Crab, Snow Crab legs, Shrimp, Fried chicken and Chesapeake Wings were all pretty good. Crab cakes were ok, a little dry. Daughter didnt care that the flounder was fried and dried out...plus, the pasta bar had a really long line. We eat at Phillips at Inner Harbor in Baltimore and daughter loves when we share our seafood entrees. This type of buffet just wasn't worth it for my daughter who does not like crab and when I showed our server how dried out the flounder was and asked if there were other seafood options, she sorta just blew it off. Prime rib was extremely rare & fattier than normal. Soft ice cream was surprisingly good as it was very creamy & tasty. I've been here many times over the years & still consider it a treat but I get the feeling they may be taking their customers for granted.

Solomons, Maryland
“My new OC Favorite!!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We just went here for dinner last night. The food was fantastic. There was so much variety and the crabs were delicious. The all-you-can-eat buffet is definitely the way to go. At $32.99 for adults and $9.99 for children, you really can't beat it. Our waitress Nicole was wonderful. She was very attentive and very friendly. This was our first time here and I must say that we plan on making this one of our stops every time we get it Ocean City!