“Owner needs to spread out a little”

Ristorante Antipasti
Ranked #21 of 447 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2006

First time at Antipasti and loved the atmosphere and food. Our waitress was very pleasant. However, the owner made a big fuss over what we assumed were regulars, a good 5 to 6 tables and never "greeted" our party. Felt a little spited. We frequent up-scale restaurants at home and the owners/hosts always make it a point that if they greet our table, they will in turn greet regulars and newcomers alike. My husband especially was turned off by this. The food will bring us back again. Hopefully, this will not happen again. A footnote - he had plenty of time to stop by more tables.

2  Thank BigRed79
basler, owner at Ristorante Antipasti, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2007

Please accept my sincerest apology for not stopping by your table on your visit to my restaurant. If you do decide to come back please introduce yourself to me, I take great pleasure in meeting new guests....especially ones that enjoyed my food.

Reviewed August 14, 2006

We just came back from Ocean City and tried Antipasti for the first time. We were greeted by Fausto ,the owner, who was very pleasant and accomodating for a family of five with three small children. He was very charismatic and made you feel at home in his restaurant. The restaurant didn't have a children's menu, however, the waitress was very helpful with recommendations for the kids. They had ravioli , pasta with pink sauce, and pasta with meatballs. They ate all their food and enjoyed it. My husband and I both loved the ceasar salad. I had the chicken cacciatori and my husband had the fish special, both were wonderful. I do not understand why people say this restaurant is overpriced. The category of this restaurant is fine dining and the prices are fair for the quality of food you receive. We paid just as much for pizza for five on the boardwalk with dessert and drinks, and the quality of that meal was nowhere near the quality of Antipastis.

2  Thank VFU
Reviewed July 2, 2006

We had just arrived to OC and we were hungry so we let the prices on the menu go by. The service was fairly good; the restaurant seems to be very popular and has a european ambiance. However, the price we paid for the food we got was much too high. $26 for a salmon dish, with a tiny side of creamed spinach? I have to agree with the other reviewer that stated that this restaurant is a bit full of themselves. I've eaten at restaurants where everything is ala carte, and on the expensive side, but the food we had did not rate as high as the price warranted.

Advice: don't arrive OC hungry and desperate!!

1  Thank wvfairy
Reviewed June 24, 2006

Save your money for somewhere that wont treat you like dirt! This place is too full of themselves! They arent that great...and for the price a family of 4 could fly to Italy!! By the way....they are so above themselves that if you finish your water before your meal comes a refill will cost you. The server have little to do because there is no such thing as a refill...so all they do is being your meal to the table, ask if it is fine and depart...not to be seen again until the check. Then they tell you how much to tip them!! If you go here...take out a loan!

4  Thank amaya
A TripAdvisor Member
Baltimore
Reviewed June 14, 2005

Antipasti on 33rd street has excellent food, atmosphere and service, not much to look at from the outside but remarkable inside. Our family loved it.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member