“Absolutely Perfect!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Massapequa, New York, United States
“Absolutely Perfect!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We visited on Aug 21st with a party of 8, 4 being adults. Now, we are a 100% Italian family, being 1st generation U.S.A, so we know good food when we get it. Fausto sat us down quickly and we proceeded to have the best meal we've ever had in Ocean City. We really did get a FULL meal, from multiple appetizers to dessert. We ordered the appetizer special which was fresh figs and Prosciutto Di Parma. It tasted like the figs came out of my backyard..incredible. I always say that you can judge a restaurant by the quality of its Calamari Fritti, and let me tell you, it melted in your mouth. I know right away if the meal will be good just by the calamari. After tasting it, I was damn excited! For main course, I got the Gnocchi which was perfect, my wife got Pollo Valdostana which melted in your mouth, my sister got a Risotto special that was to die for and I forgot what my brother in law got..oops. All the kids got plain pasta in marinara which was just like home. If you want the REAL DEAL of italian food in OC, then this is the place to go!!! Does it cost a little more, yes, but do you want to eat good or not? Grazie Fausto, tanti auguri!

• Visited August 2012

newtown, pa
“Less than expected”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

It tries to be upscale, but really the food is nothing special, even if expensive. They really didn't seem to want to accommodate my kids' tastes, such as sauce on the side. I'm not interested in a return visit.

Visited August 2012
West Grove, Pennsylvania
“ANOTHER GREAT DINNER”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Wife and I had dinner at "Ristorante Antipasti" Thursday evening, August 9, 2012. Place was full and noisy with many large groups. Despite the crowd, service was excellent. Both dining room and kitchen were fully staffed; Fasto, the owner, was on top of everything, and as he said, was glad for his 40 years of experience. Unfortunately, noise has been a problem since Antipasti opened at his current site.

Our 7:30 reserved table was set-up and available about 5 minutes after our arrival. Wine, appetizer salad and pastas were served at a an excellent pace.

We spend summers in Ocean City, and Antipasti is our favorite restaurant. We eat there frequently and think the pasta is excellent, the Sea Bass, cooked in salt, is outstanding and the Calamari appetizer is as good as any I have ever tasted. The sweetened, reduced Balsamic dressing on the house salad is very good. However, we don't get excited by other menu items.

This visit, after splitting a Calamari plate, my wife had the Totellini and I had a Lobster/Angel Hair Pasta special. All were excellent. My angel hair was very thin and cooked perfectly.

As mentioned above, Faust had little time to talk Thursday evening. However, on a slower evening, he is always ready to talk golf. When we were there severalk weeks ago, he was wearing a new "Pine Valley" shirt and couldn't stop talking about that mornings round.

In summary, go for the truly great pasta.

Visited July 2012
“Pleasantly impressed...Read on”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Being from Brooklyn, home of the best Italian food outside of Italy, of course I was skeptical. That being said, I would definitely return.

My party of 7 sat down at 8:30 pm and it was very busy. Our waiter was Fausto, I think he is the owners son. He seemed like a nice young man, was very pleaseant, and patient. Although he had to read the specials off of his paper he seemed to have a good knowledge of their food. He apologized because the music was loud (which it was too loud) and the opposite side of the table would likely have trouble hearing him. He went on to read off the specials anyway. I would have rather he read them twice to both sides of he table, but not the end of the world.

Fausto took our order by 8:50 and we received our appetizers about 15 minutes later. Once we were done with our appetizers by 9:20 Fausto came over and told us he would tell the kitchen to fire our entrees and it would be another 10 minutes. Not a big deal but it wasn't until 9:30 that we received our food, which was an hour after sitting down. Kinda slow here but we were forewarned by others who explained that it was because all the food is prepared fresh. This is true.

The food was absolutely excellent. Everyone at my table was raving about their entrees. I had the veal parm and a raviloli appetizer and it was exquisite. From the sauce right down to the tender veal - sauce was tasty and not too heavy, the veal was tender and the portion sizes were more then enough. People that expect bigger are not realistic. This is a vacation town, your not taking food home with you. The portions are perfect for where you are.

One note - my father ordered the gnocchi meal which was supposed to come with a salad. Our waiter forgot the salad. When we asked, he simply apologized and said he forgot, and offered the salad now or to go since the meal was finished. Fausto made no excuses, just politely apologized and told the truth that he simply forgot, which we much rather preferred his polite honestly to some bs excuse. Well done Fausto. He prompty brough us a nice big salad which was delicious.

I gave the service a 3 instead of 4 because the bus service wa clearly the
weakest link here. We had to asked twice for bread, and water was no where to be found. It was probably just our bus boy since the others seemed to be proactive.

One complaint we did have is our table seemed to be shoved into the center of the room to accommodate more people. This is fine since it was very busy, but two sides of the table literally sat back to back with the chair behind them and constancy got bumped as people attempted to squeeze through.

Yea, at 9:00 the owner did start yelling that everone should sing and he put Michael Jackson on high volume and encouraged eveyone to sing along. This was kind of awkward but it only lasts a minutes and hey, your on vacation, lighten up. My suggestion would be to sing that's amore if anything to make it bode better with the atmosphere.

As for the bill, for 7 people with 5 veal meals this price was $199. We didn't get soda or deserts, just strictly dinner with two appetizer and for what we had this seams very fair. Roughly $35 each with tip. It was not cheap, but it wasn't outrageous either. Fair would be the best way to describe it for the excellent food.

To make a long story short (too late) I would definitely go back, and I would recommend it to a friend. Aside from some minor inconvienances, a solid 4 stars.

Ocean City, MD
“Perhaps a bad day?”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Was expecting a good Italian dinner. However many issues during this visit. The waitstaff was very slow, from taking our order, to even filling the water glasses, to the 45 minutes to get our meal. Our plates sat on our table for a good 20 minutes after dinner was finished and we were never offered dessert.

The restaurant was extremely warm. Guests were actually fanning themselves with the menus.

Just before 9pm the owner starting running around the restaurant yelling "One minute to 9pm, one minute" just before they cranked up the volume on a Michael Jackson song. I felt like I was on a cruise ship, not a high end restaurant. It was uncomfortable when our table was having a conversation to have this stuff go on. Perhaps the owner show pay more attention to his staff instead of trying to center attention on himself.

Bring your wallet, this is not a cheap place, the portions are small, and the food is nothing really special. I expected a lot more for the prices and the reviews from others. Overall, very, very disappointing. I will NOT return.

• Visited August 2012