“"Pirates of the Caribbean" with great crab cakes!”

Hooper's Crab House
Ranked #121 of 441 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 16, 2013

You will need half an hour to walk around the restaurant and enjoy the " wax museum" . There are so many " wax people " around the place that you feel that you are already surrounded by people.
The crazy decor is amazing, is a feast to your eyes!
The service was amazing, very friendly staff.
You must have a bowl of cream cab soup, one of the best!
The scallop skewers , the crabby pretz and the scallops salad were excellent.
The crab cake plate was excellent ( all crab).
The view was really beautiful.
We had a great experience.
If you are looking for crab food, this is the place to go in Ocean City.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went to Ocean City, MD for the first time and obvioulsy had to try the seafood. Well there was a line out the door so if that's not a good sign, I don't know what is. We sat down and of course I couldn't decide, because everything looked amazing. I finally decided on the drunken mussels and a bucket of clams. Great choice for apps. Then I got the trio of crab cakes mmmmm, lobster mmmmmmm, and snow crab legs yummmmm. Dipped in butter amazing!!!! Definitely satisfied my seafood needs. Will be back!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My expectations weren't high so I was overly disappointed. Simply put this is a tourist type attraction built around the summer crowds and most likely unable to survive by it's own devices if it wasn't on the shore. You might have to ask yourself, "How good could a restaurant be that is ranked 229th out of 355 restauants?" Under any circumstances stick with the something in the top 100. To be honest I let a co-worker take me here. He should get fired.
Service was spotty at best. When our food was brought from the kitchen the server couldn't remember who got what meal, two plates were wrong sides, one salad was never delivered. Food is glorified bar food, certainly not cuisine. The fried fish is tilapia...really. How much of that do they pull from the Atlantic daily? Server put dirty plates on the same tray as yet to be delivered entrees.
I'd give you more details on the food...but why bother it's not worth the keystrokes.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We ate at Hooper's Crab House in Ocean City this past weekend. We were very disappointed. I called ahead to make sure they had crabs. I asked about the all you can eat deal and was told that the crabs were medium to large. Well, these were the smallest medium to large crabs I've ever see. They were barely legal size at best.It was so dark inside that it was hard to see what you were picking. I have bee going to to Ocean City for years and was always curious about how good Hooper's is. I'll never go back.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I first went to Hooper's 3 years ago for the first time, the service was good and the food was excellent and the prices can't be beat. We liked it so much we went back a second time during our trip. The following year we took some of the rest of our family and they loved it to. Every year when we go on our trip we are guaranteed to at least eat here once. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great place to eat in Ocean City, MD!!