“Excellent Place to Eat!!”

Hooper's Crab House
Ranked #133 of 431 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Place to Eat!!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I first went to Hooper's 3 years ago for the first time, the service was good and the food was excellent and the prices can't be beat. We liked it so much we went back a second time during our trip. The following year we took some of the rest of our family and they loved it to. Every year when we go on our trip we are guaranteed to at least eat here once. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great place to eat in Ocean City, MD!!

• Visited July 2013

McAdoo, Pennsylvania
“Terrible”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

For years on our annual trip to Ocean City we had lunch or dinner at Hooper's. This year the food was absolutely terrible especially for the price. I am still in shock over how such a great place can get so terrible in just a year. I got surf and turf, the lobster had a funny taste to it and rubbery; the steak was just ok. Butter tasted stale; the sides that were offered with every entree was mashed potatoes and green beans;if you wanted a salad, that was extra. Bloody Mary had one olive with it no other garnish. I had a better one for free at Ocean Downs Casino! The bathrooms were very dirty. Total disappointment after going there for over 10 years! Don't think I would ever go back again.

• Visited October 2013
ROCHESTER HILLS
“Good food - Fun atmosphere”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

First time in Ocean City, MD (OC) and people recommended Hooper's for good seafood. The food was good, the atmosphere fun and comfortable. The view was amazing and the cost of the food was typical for seafood. I would go back there during our next trip to OC.

• Visited August 2013
NJ
“Beware the "stadium cup" - what a rip-off”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

been going to OC for several years and never had the opp. to stop here, very scenic location. Finally made it this year. Big mistake & never again. Ordered simple lunch (crab cake, shrimp salad) and drinks (water, iced tea). Thought the food was passable. Atmosphere is beach-kitsch style, kinda cute.

But, when we received the bill I found we had been charged for the 2 salads and for a "stadium cup" $6.00!! You know, those plastic "souvenir" cups with advertising all over them? And, a very small stadium cup at that; it was by far the smallest drink in any restaurant on this vacation.

When I questioned the waitress about that charge, she carefully explained to me what a stadium cup was in such a condescending tone...she asked if she wanted me to change the charge and of course I said yes. She took away the bill and returned with the $6.00 crossed off and $3.00 substituted (still way too high for the size of the drink). And she proceeded to SNATCH the cup off the table and walk away.

The bill then came to $30.37 and I gave her $40. She returned with change of $9.00. Now, while I don't need the 63 cents, it's a scummy thing to do. I left too much of a tip at $3.00 after having to deal with her sour & mean attitude. And I generally tip very well for good, friendly service.

The experience kind of put a damper on our moods for a little while, but not too long, not worth it. My way to deal was to report it on TripAdvisor.

I would have to guess that they get away with this little scam far too often, when vacationers are in a good and expansive mood and just pay the amount on the bill without scanning it first. True you should check the bill but I can understand why people wouldn't.

Anyway, AVOID.

• Visited September 2013
wappingers falls
“Great food”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

the view is great the food is great. My wife and I both had crab cakes dinners cost was $29 a plate but the crab cakes were full of meat not all bread crums. The table a covered with brown paper and I saw a lot of people eatting crabs. The also looked good . I would go back in a heart beat.

Visited September 2013