“Average overall”

Hooper's Crab House
Ranked #137 of 416 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Average overall”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Very hot inside. Atmosphere was interesting. Ribs were a little spicy. They do get you with the free refill drink cup, which would be ok if you are a frequent flyer. Would go back again just not in a big hurry too.

BRATTLEBORO, VT
“$6 for water”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

They have this continuous souvenir cup promotion. Buy your beer or soda in their special cup and soda refills are free, beer refills are $2.50 for life. When we sat down, our server took our drink orders and asked if we wanted them in a souvenir cup. We said okay without knowing it would cost $6.00 each, even though two people wanted water. Water should be free no matter what cup or glass they use, so there should have been more disclosure on the servers part that the water would be $6.00, but she was obviously pushing for the bigger sale, and that was a bit unethical. In my opinion, the promo wouldn't be so bad if their food wasn't so expensive. The other problem I see is that management will eventually discontinue or change the promo so that the white cups will no longer qualify for the discount and you will have to buy the new cup. It will happen.

My last review of this place was July 2012 and nothing has changed. Still no A/C so go elsewhere if it's a really hot day, otherwise the outdoor seating provides a pleasant view of the bay. I had the salmon this time which was okay. Eight oz for $19.99 with a scoop of mashed potatoes and some green beans. Nothing special.

Since I tag along with the in-laws, I will probably return to this place. If it were my choice, there are other seafood restaurants in OC I would try before returning to Hooper's.

Ocean City, Maryland
“Not worth your time and money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

All you can eat feast is a waste of money. The crabs were mushy and small. Our party of seven ended up having a couple dozen crabs at most (though each of us got all-u-can-eat) mainly because they were not fresh and we didn't bother to ask for more. Chicken was good but not for $32:/
Another thing, we made a reservation earlier that day only to find out that they didn't have a record of it when we arrived and made us wait for 40 min to get seated.
To crown our "perfect" experience we were cursed out by the owner on the parking lot for loading our guests for too long. $400 into trash can...

Newark, New Jersey
“Great Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I travel to Ocean City Maryland every year and this is the first stop we make for dinner and our last stop before we head home. The food is excellent and so is the service. I travel with my husband and 4 boys and they love!

Visited July 2013
York, Pennsylvania
“Great Spot with a Great View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Always love coming here for the bay view. Crabs, beer and the bay... couldnt be any better! Every visit the staff has been great, thats why we keep coming back

Visited July 2013