“Great Pizza -- Not so great breakfast”
Review of Dough Roller

Dough Roller
Ranked #52 of 431 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Annandale, Virginia
“Great Pizza -- Not so great breakfast”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I've eaten here for a few years now. The last time I was there was a big dissapointment. I don't recommend the traditional breakfast. The home fries are so cold and pale, and lack the crisp outside. The eggs were undercooked. I asked for medium but it came out over easy. Sure, I should have sent it back, but it was too much trouble. The blueberry pancakes are very good except they don't serve real butter. The pepperoni pizza is the best. Their sald is very good too.

New York
“Do not buy the fried chicken!”
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Was in Ocean City MD from August 26 through August 31, 2010. My son and I wanted fried chicken so we stopped at the Dough Roller for their famous Fried Chicken. We had dinner earlier at another Dough Roller on the strip. First the place is under staffed and clueless. My son and I were standing at the window for at least 10 minutes before I asked the cook if someone was taking orders. He turned and said that I was standing at the pick up window, I looked around and did not see any signs indicating that I was standing at a pickup window. Although there was every indication that it was an order taking window like A REGISTER. Anyways I went around the corner waited another 10 minutes to place my order even though I only had two people in front of me. Finally I was back at the pick up window. I watched the cook take fried chicken out of the basket and place it in a pan and then place it on the counter. He did not place under heat lamps just left it on the counter. My wife and other son had already gotten their ice cream from another vendor and finished it. Finally after twenty minutes he got to my order. The cook proceeded to take the chicken that was sitting on the counter and PUT IT BACK IN THE FRYER! I went up to the window and immediately asked the cashier for my money back. I explained why I wanted my money back and she said that she had to get a manager. Guess who the manager was, yep the cook. He asked why, I stated why and he said that was the way he reheated the chicken. I informed him that I have been in the food business for over 26 years, graduated from culinary school and know that is the first thing everyone learns in the food business. You NEVER re-fry fried food! All it does is suck in more grease. NASTY, NASTY, NASTY! I will never buy chicken from this location. Walk two minutes down the boardwalk and their is another fried chicken joint which has very good chicken and they do not re-heat. It is not great, but very good and worth the money.

1 Thank mpcpjep
MD
“On the Boardwalk”
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Dough Roller on the boardwalk is a great location right on 3rd - sit down or take out is available. The indoor seating is air conditioned which is a nice break during summer when walking the boards or sitting on the beach.

Food is ok, not the best pizza I've had, but when you are hot, tired and hungry - it tastes like heaven.

The sangria, definitely good!

Suffern, New York
“Good boardwalk option for indoor air conditioning and large restaurant.”
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Great pizza, good burgers, very large location on the boardwalk around 3rd street (parking is on fourth in municipal lot), good service, tip automatically added, many menu options, air conditioned, kid friendly, would return.

Wisconsin
“Good food”
Reviewed August 25, 2010

We ordered nachos, pizza and spaghetti. Everything had good flavor and large portions. We ate at the location that is right on the boardwalk, so the atmosphere was a little loud (like it should be on the beach). It was a good experience!!