“Usually a good experience”

Shenanigan's Irish Pub and Grille
Ranked #24 of 441 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Irish, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Shenanigan's Bar & Grille is an Irish themed restaurant on the boardwalk overlooking the beach. The only Irish bar in town, we are surrounded by great people and have amazing food. We offer an extensive drink menu, serve traditional Irish dishes, and have an excellent draft beer selection. Come get your Irish on!
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I've frequented this place for years and always had a great experience but our last visit was a little disappointing. We ordered the pizza fries as an appetizer which was great, although not Irish. For dinner we ordered the chicken wrap and some sort of sandwich that was an Irish twist on a triple decker club sandwich with corned beef and turkey. The sandwiches come with chips, which were basically a generic wavy chip from a bag. You can upgrade to fries or salad which I usually do. The sandwich was ok, but more bread than meat. Between the excessive bread, lettuce and mayo, the meat didn't really dominate the sandwich like a good sandwich should. The wrap was a much bigger disappointment. After eating half we realized there was almost no chicken on it. The manager came to our table and at first didn't believe our claim but when the wrap was unrolled, it revealed that the half only had 3 or 4 half inch pieces of chicken. The manager ended up taking the entree off the tab. Usually I get fish n chips here and that meal is excellent so maybe stick to the staple Irish food here and you will be ok. On a positive note, the bar has a great atmosphere and the drinks are fairly price for the boardwalk.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had lunch and the bar and everything was excellent. Their signature drinks were great (I tried several!). Loved the spring rolls! They were light but filling so ideal for lunch! Such a nice atmosphere; loved the "locals" bar stools! A must stop if you are on the boardwalk!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We sat at the bar, seemed like the bartender didn't really want us to drink. We had to flag him down every time we needed a refill. I counted him walk past my empty glass 5 times at one point. Another time he took my empty glass without asking if I would like another. Food was alright and entertainment was fun!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

love Guinness on tap and the fish and chips and all of the meals were very good. Service was decent. Not bad for boardwalk food.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I love this place. We come each year when we are vacationing to listen to Irish music, drink, and eat good Irish food at a reasonable price. Very family friendly and on the Boardwalk. Off the Boat is a good local band that plays great Irish tunes. Nice long bar along with booths and tables. There is also outside table seating as well. My favorite is the fish and chips which are good, crunchy, and filling. I can't recommend any other food because I only eat fish and chips when I visit. Service is very attentive from the Irish lads and lassies working for the season. Highly recommend !