“Great experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Conners Beach Cafe
Ranked #122 of 412 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Mount Airy, Maryland
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Conners Beach Cafe was a great experience. The food was fresh, service was good and price average for being on the boardwalk. My family will go again on our next vacation.

• Visited August 2012

mt top
“Only went b/c had restaurant.com Gift Cert”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Second trip this year only because I bought 2 Restuarant.com G/C. Average food, nothing great. Outside seating is nice. Sandwiches come with chips or you can add fries for $1.99 to the $9.99 price of your sandwich. Only paid $4 for my $25 GC so it was a deal. Not sure if I would go without the deal.

Visited August 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great breakfast and view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Conners has a great view of the boardwalk and beach. The food was excellent. The staff was very nice, even when my daughter knocked over my coffee. Our waitress was Irish, she was cute and very friendly.

Visited August 2012
Pennsylvania
“Over priced, horrible service-average food at best.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

We were walking along the boardwalk and my daughter and I were tired and hot so we decided to try Conners and take a break. We waited to be seated (inside the lower cafe). I was told by a young woman that we couldn't be seated because they were full. I looked and saw multiple tables empty and two groups at booths getting ready to leave. I was guessing that they just didn't have enough wait staff to take care of all tables but we should be able to be seated at the ones vacating. I approached the staff behind the counter again and a different person said "oh, yes, just stand by the sign and someone will seat you". At that point the first young woman started arguing with her that we could NOT be seated. I pointed out that two booths were now empty and another was ready to leave. I stood by the sign and was seated a few minutes later. Ironically, another family was seated 30 seconds after we were...so why all the fuss? Why would you turn customers away? I have never refused to sell food to a paying customer so this was just beyond anything I could fathom. As an owner I would be horrified if my staff turned a paying customer away. I ordered the soft shell crab sandwich (just a sandwich and potato chips on the side) and my daughter the fish (chips on the side too). Thirteen dollars for a sandwich with two over cooked soft shell crabs and eight for a small piece fish on a bun. I was not impressed with my food and my daughter said her's was average at best. I don't know where people live that think that Conners is inexpensive, maybe not for the boardwalk but you can certainly go elsewhere and get fresh quality food for the same price or less. Sadly, it doesn't seem to be anywhere in the O.C. area (this was not the only less than stellar experience while visiting the area). I arrived home and went to the local fish market for some fresh seafood that was just flown in. The meal that we so desperatley wanted while on vacation will be prepared in my home kitchen.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ThePieFairy
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not as good as it sounds”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

I ordered a BLT and it said comes with chips and a dill pickle and when i got my food, there was about 6 chips and a tiny sliver of a pickle. It was good and everything but I think they rip you off a little. Their frozen yogurt was not as good as i was expecting either.

Visited July 2012