“Beautiful Outdoor Seating”

Blu Crabhouse & Raw Bar
Ranked #8 of 420 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: BLU Crabhouse and Raw Bar opened its doors in 2012. Beautiful sunset views on the bay. BLU has offerings for everyone. There are Ocean City favorites on the menu-the dishes you look forward to enjoying every time you come to the beach. Awesome steamed MD blue crabs, shrimp and clams, and crab cakes as well as some new twists on the traditions using innovative ingredients and seasonings. The Raw Bar has a rotating oyster selection with everything from Chincoteague's to Blue Points! Unique specialty drinks and a draft beer featuring local microbrews and a rotating selection of craft beer specials! You can dine and enjoy refreshing drinks outside on the deck or on the beach at BLU Crabhouse and Raw Bar. It's the "complete package" for a casual, fun, delicious dining experience!
“Beautiful Outdoor Seating”
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful bay view. Fresh seafood. We had the AYCE crabs and shrimp. It also came with chicken, but that was a waste. No one even looked at the chicken! I had to give only 4 stars because of the slow service. Our waiter was covering the deck AND upstairs. We were very thirsty in between waiter visits. But we had PLENTY of crabs and shrimp.

2 Thank Lynda T
Frank R, Director of Operations at Blu Crabhouse & Raw Bar, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Lynda T,

I wanted to personally thank you for your kind words in regards to your recent review of BLU Crabhouse and Raw Bar. I also wanted to sincerely apologize for the slow service you received. The month of May throws many challenges for businesses down here in Ocean City, and one in particular is judging just how busy we will be in the offseason. BLU is only in its third year and our numbers have not reached a level that enables us to accurately project what each day brings. As we get more years under our belt, I assure you we will get better at staffing appropriately in the shoulder months. Thank you again for the rating and we hope to see you again soon.

Frank Raffo
Director of Operations
BLU Crabhouse and Raw Bar

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Huge portions, lovely outdoor seating”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Started with some fresh, raw oysters that were fantastic (and an oyster shooter from the bar) I ordered the blue crab steamer and took half of it home! There was so much food! My daughter got the kids portion of the snow crab legs and only ate about 3/4 of it. The food was pretty good. The seating outside was gorgeous, right on the bay. Footing is sand, so be careful about what shoes to wear! The staff lit a citronella candle to keep away the bugs and as the sun set and temps dropped they lit up some tall patio heaters and moved them close to occupied tables so we could still enjoy the outdoors without being cold.

I see complaints here about service time... Please don't go here if you're in a big hurry. Go, relax, enjoy your dinner companion(s), the food and drink, and the setting. I didn't think the service was super slow, or super fast. It was laid back which was no problem for us on vacation. I would definitely go back again!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank honidewgirl
Merritt Island, Florida, United States
“View lovely”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The food was great, we sat outside qat the bar for Happy Hour, the view was so pretty on the Bay! We had Chesapeke Bay wings, fish tacos and ahi seared tuna

Visited May 2014
“Good food bad service”
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately I have to give this place only two stars. The food was good but the service was awful. Our waitress was waiting on us and tending bar at the same time. We waited about 20 minutes between our appetizer and main course. We had to go up to the bar and get her a couple of times. This is a pricey restaurant, I wouldn't return.

Dear CtMike1,

I apologize for falling below your expectations and there is absolutely no doubt that we deserved the sub-par rating that you gave us...given your experience. You should not have had to wait for service, nor should you have to move an inch to get your drinks. At BLU we pride ourselves on creating a relaxing environment where our guests can enjoy their time out, and it sounds like we did anything but that on your last visit. Myself and the management team are fully responsible for understaffing that particular night, as bartenders do not typically take tables while also tending bar. I very much appreciate you bringing this to our attention and assure you that we will learn from this, and be better because of it. If there is anything I can do to change your mind about returning to our establishment I would appreciate the opportunity of a second chance. Please feel free to email me @ frank@embers.com or call me at 410-289-3322 anytime.

Frank Raffo
Director of Operations
The Embers Restaurant Inc.
BLU Crabhouse and Raw Bar
Chicago, IL
“Nailed it!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Pros: tons and tons of outdoor seating. Food is fresh and delicious, get the blue crab all you can eat or the platter, you won't be disappointed. Even the sides - corn, biscuits, salads - were awesome.

Cons: if it's crappy out, which is was for us, you'll have to wait a while for a table because the indoor seating is pretty small. Can get really noisy sitting inside (we also had an obnoxious bachelorette party next to us). The service wasn't stellar but it wasn't bad at all.

Overall, highly recommended!