“REALLY LIKE IT!!!”

Blu Crabhouse & Raw Bar
Ranked #8 of 420 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: BLU Crabhouse and Raw Bar opened its doors in 2012. Beautiful sunset views on the bay. BLU has offerings for everyone. There are Ocean City favorites on the menu-the dishes you look forward to enjoying every time you come to the beach. Awesome steamed MD blue crabs, shrimp and clams, and crab cakes as well as some new twists on the traditions using innovative ingredients and seasonings. The Raw Bar has a rotating oyster selection with everything from Chincoteague's to Blue Points! Unique specialty drinks and a draft beer featuring local microbrews and a rotating selection of craft beer specials! You can dine and enjoy refreshing drinks outside on the deck or on the beach at BLU Crabhouse and Raw Bar. It's the "complete package" for a casual, fun, delicious dining experience!
Hicksville, New York
“REALLY LIKE IT!!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

BLU, a separate part of the famous all you can eat EMBERS, was a great find. It's casual, outdoor dining, tucked behind Embers on a canal. My husband had the Snow Crab Steamer Pot, 2lbs. Snow Crab Clusters (4-5 clusters), Shrimp(12-15), Little Neck Clams, Mussels, Sausage, Red Potatoes; I had the Blue Crab Steamer Pot, Half Dozen Blue Crabs (good size), Shrimp (12-15), Little Neck Clams, Mussels, Sausage, Red Potatoes. Both dishes would be enough for 2 if you also ordered an appertizer. We loved the layed back atmosphere, they do have a happy hour, but its only at the bar, not the tables. You can catch a glimpse of sunset.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our best meal in OC”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

perfect setting on the water and the food was great. Our waitress was really nice.The all you can eat blue crab was around 26 dollars. Other menu items were reasonably priced as well. great atmosphere for kids too. I will go back here again. This is the place to go for a relaxed dinner on vacation in OC.

new york
“Great atmosphere and food”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Blu was a recommendation by a local when I desperately needed to get decent food off the Boardwalk. Eat where the locals eat! This was our first experience with Blue Claw crabs. Our waitress taught us how to eat them and my daughter and I sampled the all you can eat for $26 each, served with corn, macaroni and cheese bites and Cheddar Bay Biscuits. Bread and Mac were okay, but too rich and heavy for my liking. I didn't love them, but I did enjoy the crab. Tasty cocktail of Firefly and Lemonade added to the appeal of the dinner. My other daughter is a vegetarian and we found most restaurants in the area had trouble accommodating us, Blu did not overextend themselves, only offering her pasta. Later we saw other vegetarian options which were not offered to us and we think they may have been on the children's menu. It could have been adapted for an adult. The best part of the place is the ambiance. Tucked alongside the bay with swaying palm trees and tables in the sand, the restaurant was beautiful. That alone was enough to enjoy this off the beaten track.

Maryland
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

At first we were concerned this would be "expensive" or too "high class" but instead we found an extremely comfortable atmosphere with EXCELLENT food. The food is really that good, and we're a picky family with multiple tastes. It's not cheap, but it's likewise not over-priced. You get what you pay for - very good food, a comfy environment, solid wait staff, and a very clean overall restaurant. You can sit inside or out depending on the weather. Kind of like Seacrets but without the chaos and with much better food. Highly recommend this on your next trip to OC!

1 Thank Steve K
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Awsome Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I went for my birthday diner. We sat out on the deck, had an wonderful waitress named Christina (Tina). Scott got the snow crab legs pot, at a great price of 31. something I think it was. Well it was packed with plenty of food for us both to eat. I in addition ordered a crab cake, which was light fluffy cooked perfect. Christina provided us with excellent ordering advise and superior service. And delivered desert to the table for my birthday which was sweet. No really it was a brownie dish. YUM!!

This will continue to be a must stop when we are in Ocean City.