“Where is management? We won't be coming back.”
Review of Dough Roller

Dough Roller
Ranked #111 of 426 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Pizza
Buckeystown, Maryland
“Where is management? We won't be coming back.”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

It was our first night in OC (Sunday 7/28) so we decided to hit The Dough Roller after a friend suggested it before we left for our trip. Boy were we ever sorry. We should have known when the waiter asked for our drink order twice. I wish we had left then. When our salad hadn't come, I knew we were in trouble. Just after getting our salad, a food runner dropped our pizza and an order of pancakes on the table. After he left, I realized that we didn't have any plates for the pizza and no syrup for the pancakes. So we waited. And we waited, and waited. No waiter.... No plates. No syrup. I jumped up and asked another waitress in our area for help. She looked at me like I had two heads. I'm quite certain that she didn't speak English. I then went to the cashier because our waiter was still nowhere to be found. My daughter was crying because she saw pizza but couldn't eat it. My son needed syrup for his pancakes, and I felt like we were in the twilight zone. I finally managed to get what we needed. Of course, once we had everything, our waiter decided to pop out from the back and ask if we had everything that we needed. Um like, "we do now, no thanks to you." The waiter was so spacey that I started to wonder if he was ok. The food was ok. Nothing to write home about. We were not the only people having trouble. Other tables seemed equally frustrated. Maybe the restaurant was good when there was one location, I don't know. However, the owners better manage things better or they'll keep losing customers. I know that we won't be going back. That's a fact.

• Visited July 2013

Berlin, New Jersey
“maybe if everywhere else is closed...”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were starving one evening - it was late and many restaurants were closed so we decided to give Dough Roller a try. The staff was friendly and the dining area was clean. However, the food was nothing special, bordering on bad. I had a Italian Chicken sandwich and it was swimming in sauce and way too many raw onions. My wife had the crab cake sandwich and she said it was the worst she's had (it was kind of gray and very fishy smelling). Our daughter had the pasta and meatballs - that was OK.

• Visited July 2013
Pittston, PA
“Pepperoni Obsession”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

If you like tons of pepperoni all shrivelled up into little cups of delicious greasy goodness this is the place for you and pepperoni obsession is what you should order. Chicken wings were very good as were the FF with cheese and bacon. They bent over backwards for the kids and we had a really nice dinner there a few times.

Visited July 2013
Albany, New York
“Safe bet for the family”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The interior was gorgous - a terrific surprise and not expected. As their name implies, dough is their specialty. 2 family members ordered subs and my spouse remarked how good the bread was. None of us ordered the pizza, but that also looked good. I ordered the spaghetti with "monstrous meatballs" (their words on the menu). Maybe its because I'm in New York, but the meatballs were far from monstrous. They weren't the tiny ones you buy in the freezer department at your grocery store, but they weren't much bigger. Plus, only two... if they're not going to be monster meatballs at least be a bit more generous. Although far from monstrous, the meatballs did taste good. I would definitely go back again, but I would stick with the pizza and subs.

Visited July 2013
Palm Coast, Florida
“Just average”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The food was okay but the prices are kind of high for the quality of the restaurant. But I would probably go there again. It was clean and the wait staff was friendly.

Visited June 2013