“Well-Done Adventure”
Review of O.C. Parasail

O.C. Parasail
Ranked #2 of 42 Tours in Ocean City
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We made a reservation over the phone 3 days in advance - no problem! There were 3 of us, and my husband wanted to just observe. They were very open and honest, telling us that flyers were given priority, but if there was room, he could ride along. Turns out that there was room, so he rode along for the $10 fee. The guys on the boat - Mike & Brian - were friendly, safety-conscious, and knowledgeable. We had a perfect day for a sail - calm ocean, clear sky. Brian reccommended that my son and I look for sea life when we were in the air. We figured we wouldn't see much, but we were wrong - dolphins, stingrays, an eel, and schools of fish. The take-off, ride (800 feet), and landing were smooth and fun! We opted to get dipped in the water, and that was also well-done and a fun addition to the ride. The picture CD was worth the $15. We got 40 pictures and a video of our dip in the ocean. Overall, it was one of the best things my family has done - and we do alot!

1  Thank Kandipix

Reviewed June 30, 2013

It was so much fun, I was a little scare, it remind me of a high hot ballon ride mix with flying like a kite. but you are the kite

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife was assured that a seat would be made available for her to just observe my flight. As we arrive we were told it is not "policy" to permit observers. The tour only travels the inlet and NOT the ocean as does its competitors. Finally, photos/videos are available for $15 if you are traveling solo or $10 each for two or more traveling together. Here's the rub: it's all the same collection of photos and videos! The customer decides what to save and what to delete, but there is no customized "package" so why the price differential that penalizes the solo traveler??? This ain't a cruise ship having to make up for unsold berths via a "single supplement!"

To add further insult, the checking girl had extreme difficulties making CD-ROM copies of our photos/videos and we had to return after several hours to claim them.

Friendly boat crew does not make up for shoddy business. There are better parasail experiences available in OC.

1  Thank AWTSc
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My mother and I went parasailing here in the beginning of September. This is our second time going up with OC Parasail on Talbot street. I also went up myself a long time ago. We went up tandem and went 800 feet. My Dad and husband rode along but didn't go up this time. They charge just 10.00 to ride the boat as a spectator. The staff was very friendly and fun. They did things very safely. The weather was not a perfect condition for parasailing this time. It was pretty windy and we swayed quite a bit which was a bit scary! Usually it is very quiet and calm while being up there. So we didn't enjoy it quite as much this time due to the weather. But again, the two young guys we had in our boat were very nice and made the eventure fun for us all. I would choose this parasailing company if you are considering to go. They always do a nice job!

1  Thank Christa H
Reviewed September 8, 2012

They guys who took us out were very professional and nice. We felt very safe and the parasailing was incredible.

However the people on the reservation line were not to be trusted. My family member had as the owner had instructed previously, called a few days before the day we wanted to parasail. She did this and talked to a lady who took her credit card information and ensured us that we were confirmed for the 10:00 am slot. We showed up that morning at 9:30am and the person at the booth on Talbot Street Pier did not have us listed for the 10:00am slot. She called the person who had taken the information and they did remember taking the credit card information but could not explain why we were not listed. So we had to wait around for a couple of hours for the 12:00 am slot as we had taken a cab there. So I would recomment trying to book in person rather than over the telephone.