“Breat place for a quick dinner and a beer” 4 of 5 bubbles

9th Street Taphouse
Ranked #117 of 412 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Located under the Paradise Plaza Inn on the boardwalk
Fairport, New York
“Breat place for a quick dinner and a beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stopped in and no waiting to be seated.. there was a little wait because of staffing levels but just smile and you'll enjoy. Food and beer selection was good and the quality of the food was very good.
Quite a few beers to choose from as well.
Located right on the Boardwalk.
The wait staff was especially kid friendly.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

North Plainfield, NJ
“Good Food, Pleasant staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Taphouse was right at our hotel...Good food, went there mostly for breakfast, hotel also gave us $10 vouchers for each day we stayed at the hotel.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank hhugs4you
Lancaster, PA
“Would have been very good or excellent... but.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Honestly, the time we hit the restaurant up was in the middle of torrential down-pouring rain. The food was above average, the prices reasonable for Ocean City, they had a GREAT beer selection (I'd go back for that alone), but they lost points in the service department.

My son spilled his drink (a little, so it was just a small puddle on the table) and it was quite a while until someone came by who could either give us the napkins to clean it, or a rag to clean it themselves.) At one point, the busser went past, and no matter how much we tried to get his attention (pretty much everything short of chucking the ketchup at him) he ignored us and just kept walking by. The wait staff was friendly once they reached our table, but it took a while.

The only other ding on the restaurant for me was they calculated their own tip into the bill. Most places, will add a tip for parties of 6 or more adults. They added a tip of their own for 3 adults and 2 kids (a 3 year old and a 5 year old). Granted this is a minor thing because I'd have given a larger tip left to my own devices, but, because there was no warning on this that I saw (and I *DID* look in the menu) it came as a bit of a sad surprise.

All in all I'd be willing to try again, maybe they were just having a bad day...

Visited July 2013
WV
“Good hotel restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed at the Paradise Plaza and ate breakfast at the Taphouse. Service and food were good. Manager appeared to be very visible and involved. We did get buffalo chicken dip one evening to take back to our room, and when I opened it up, it was served with bread. Weird. I've never seen that before, but oh well. Not a bad place overall!

Visited July 2013
Pasadena, Maryland, United States
“Better than advertised by TripAdvisor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

While on vacation in OC, we met up with my cousin and his girlfriend for dinner. Going into the night, none of us had any particular preference when it came to food choices. As usual, I turned to TripAdvisor for ideas. As we looked through the list of potential places, we occasionally googled the ones that looked appealing. Eventually, we came across the 9th Street Taphouse Bar and Grille. Naturally, we had some trepidation when we saw them ranked 210 if 323. Still, the menu looked good and the prices lower than average for OC. We walked down the boardwalk in search of our choice. Upon arrival, we realized that it was a part of the Paradise Plaza Inn. We walked inside and were immediately greeted and invited to take a table of our choosing. Maura took care of us. She had a great personality and showed knowledge and enthusiasm about the items on the menu. My wife and I both opted for the special of the evening: grilled chicken with pepper jack cheese. Long short, it was very good. Also, the unsweetened tea tasted better than most places. Bottom line, the total bill for four adults and one child came to $70. Really, where else can that many people get out of an OC restaurant for that low amount? We even ordered an appetizer. Though none of us drank alcohol, we did notice some very appealing Happy Hour specials. Maybe next time. After all, we will certainly return to this place in the future.

• Visited July 2013