“Next to attractions”

Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City
Ranked #1 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My brother and I stayed in OC for the weekend and was pleased with the hotel. The bus stop is right in front of the hotel and across the street if you plan on seeing the attractions and doing the tourist thing. The complimentry breakfast was good. It was hot with eggs, sausage, waffles, bagels, fruit, cereal and juices. The front desk staff were helpful as to were some attractions were located and where to eat late night food. The only suggestion I would have is to have a table and chairs on the balcony and a fan in the bathroom. All in all..it was a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,092)

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Our stay was just for one night, but the hotel was very clean, beds were comfortable and had plenty of pillows, bathroom was VERY clean and had plenty of soft towels. The check-in was very smooth and the reservation person was very nice and friendly. Enjoyed our stay very much. Staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We were blown away by the quality of this hotel for the price we paid during our off-season stay. The hotel looks brand new with a clean, contemporary feel. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast buffet is excellent in a great setting and didn't feel cramped. The hotel was located very close to our event at the Convention Center and to many restaurants (we could walk to all). We definitely recommend the hotel and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Everything about the hotel was good/clean until we went to leave and realized housekeeping took MY towel out of our bag. The hotel located the towel and then asked if they could charge my credit card on file to ship it to me. Their mistake on my dollar???? Don't think so, what was housekeeping doing opening my bag anyway?

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Autumn B
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here with a coworker for the OCHMRA tradeshow. We work for an architecture and interior design firm. We were pleasantly surprised at the interior design of the hotel. The hotel had to be recently renovated or built. Very nice decor, decent free breakfast, comfy beds & nice rooms with refrigerator and microwave in them. For the value and location...it's a great place to stay!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SpunkyDivaLola1908
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is a nice clean hotel, with helpful and courteous staff. It has a great fitness center with Precor equipment, usual good standard of Hampton breakfast and a nice view of the bay. Walking distance to the Convention Center

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
rbhde, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

AnnieSPhiladelphia,
Thanks so much for writing about your experience with us! We're happy to hear the positive feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

The Hampton Inn & Suites is a very clean & comfortable hotel with many attractions nearby. The room had efficient and modern convenience's at hand and was serene and relaxing. The breakfast in the lobby is where this hotel goes the extra mile. It is a spread fit for kings and queens. Just incredible! The downstairs lobby area also has a very nice pool, (By view.I did not go for a swim this time.) "Tranquil aquamarine beauty however!" I love the work out center. It has weights and other gym accessories that other hotel gym's just do not have.Now the staff, I have a mixed review. I go on vacation......to -be- on vacation. Treated with respect and decency, which is expected for everyone going on vacation should expect. I really do think if you work in the people pleasing industry , that you may want to be more than qualified at accommodating others. "Lisa was a joy all-around." Speaking with me personally by the lobby lounge with openness and helpful & caring conversation. She both complimented my stay and the hotel industry. For anyone! Leslie was helpful in area's that would be standard for all desk operator's. Valerie was also very helpful, yet seemed distant and preoccupied when asked for assistance. But life is tough for us all, right? Leave gloomy at home. Bring professionalism and smiles to your job that requires you to please others. Wouldn't be a complete vacation for me without a bit of shadiness or human mishap occurring...I was-just- getting ready to shower when a "maintenance man" knocked on my door three times quickly, and then to my utter surprise ,...simply entered. I kid you not! And upon closing the door he said: "Sorry, I didn't know anyone was in here." Well then why did you knock. Please~~. So I filed a necessary complaint with the front desk and they said they would offer me an "Honors...something." Basically a free stay.(*In which I am still waiting for a response, or follow-up by Hampton Inn in O.C.....). Which would be standard for this inconvenience, and unprofessionalism by hotel staff workers. This sort of miscommunication simply cannot happen! Especially with it being winter and there only being six rooms that were occupied on the entire floor! I really love the location and the peacefulness of how said hotel and surrounding property is located by the Bay. Without the few emendable mishaps. "I simply love to stay at this hotel when on vacation or business when in Ocean City, Maryland. Everytime!"...ty for reading. D. Tartaglia.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo