“Best bang for your buck in ocean city”

Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City
Ranked #1 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I magically found a tremendous deal on a room here for July (ok, it wasn't magic, it was on Expedia in January). I was very impressed - super clean facility, great pool (albeit a little too warm), very nice rooms, great full breakfast, pleasant staff, beautiful bayside views, close enough to walk to the beach, free parking for one care. It's not oceanfront, but the bayview is pretty fantastic and relaxing.

Considering that your usual Ocean City motel is dumpy and old and will cost a ridiculous amount of money, this Hampton Inn is a steal.

The only downsides were that if you had more than one car, the other car would have to park at the Convention Center (but it's not too far). And the bartender at the Tiki bar wasn't great. But just the fact that a Tiki bar is there is nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wanderlustefrommd
rbhde, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay with us! We appreciate your positive comments. We do only have 1 parking spot per room---and that includes an overflow lot across the street. We do know this can be an inconvenience.....we did however, want to take full advantage of the bay and utilize that to our benefit instead of create a parking lot behind the building. We are glad to hear you didn't mind your short walk to the building...We hope to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,075)

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We booked a last minute vacation to ocmd. I came across the Hampton Inn, great location, clean rooms, clean pool and great service. I have avoided going to ocean city in the past because of the dirty hotels. Hampton Inn was the first hotel in the $200-$299 price range in ocean city that was clean and well taken care off. The views of the bay were beautiful and sitting at the tiki bar while the kids swam was priceless. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in ocean city.

1  Thank jason m

Jason, Thank you for writing about your positive experience with us! We appreciate the great comments and hope to see you again next time you visit Ocean City!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We booked this hotel for as a last minute getaway. It seemed as all the hotels that were reasonably priced in the area were severely outdated and run down. All of the ones that looked decent were $500+ night. We came across this Hampton Inn for $199 a night which as it turned out was a great deal. The hotel was clean, updated, and centrally located in OC. The pool was nice as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a place that wont skeeve you out or break the bank. Great value.

1  Thank Lee D
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Check out of motel. Lost my belongings. Return to motel and ironically cant access the lost and found. Picture of motel online was deceiving- looked to be on the beach but was actually not. Very expensive for not being on the beach

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The accommodations were excellent. I was quite inpressed with the room and the amenities. The area of the hotel was within walking distance of the convention center which was extremely convenient. Though there were lots of guests in the hotel; overall it was pretty quiet. The view from my room was beautiful. The bathroom floor was a little sticky the first night. Overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Karen R
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Hampton Inn was located in the middle of the Ocean City, access to the beach was 1 block away. The hotel was very nice, inside and outside pool with an outside bar area. Plenty of parking, walking distatnce to place to eat and drink. If you can't get a hotel directly on the Boartdwalk, than I would highly rcommend hampton Inn.

4  Thank Garry E
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Booked a wedding block with this location through a recommendation... Walked in to some of my rooms incorrect and my future wives room not even available that I had booked in January. Never have I been to a hotel that I also had to pay upfront in full bc they can't " risk" me running out and not paying as the guy at the desk put it. That was one of the most embarrassing things ever said to me and especially in front of strangers,friends, and family... asked for the manager( Wont give their name away) who I had been dealing with and the individual refused to talk to my fiancé or I and let the guy at desk get the grunt of my frustration... Long story short things were somewhat fixed after I got angry and I will be making further calls to have other questions answered that I want to discuss personally with the direct manager or owner of this particular location. The hotel itself is very clean and has a great pool but the customer service and obvious manager are way below standards

3  Thank B W
rbhde, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

I'm sorry to hear you weren't happy with the service you received with your group. I do want you to know that we don't pre-charge here. At check in, as all hotels do, your credit card is swiped and authorized for your aniticipated amount. Your charge is not actually put through until check out.
I would like to hear about your issues you had personally because it is concerning to me. Please contact me directly at (410) 524-6263 or via my email at jill.douglas@hilton.com. Thank you.