“Great Stay - First trip with our baby”

Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City
Ranked #3 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Waldorf, Maryland
“Great Stay - First trip with our baby”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel is great. I loved all of the amenities. The room was spotless, nice view of bay w/ balcony, nice shower, fridge and microwave were great, flat screen tv. Wi-fi was fast and easy to connect too.

This was a mini getaway to celebrate our 5 year anniversary, but we had our 3 month old baby. The hotel had complimentary breakfast which was good, they had poolside service and a tiki bar, gym was great, business center was fast, clean and new, check in was very easy. The staff was hit or miss. A few very nice people and a few who were not knowlegdable and a little rude.

we originally booked 2 nights, but decided to stay an extra night because it was so nice tgo be away and the accomadations were nice. There was a bank of america directly next door, several resturants, gift shops, rita's, and a breakfast/lunch spot within 2 minutes of the hotel and you could access the beach directly across the street, 5 minute walk tops! Bed was a little hard, but had nice pillows. The cleaning person came past twice a day.

I am VERY picky about my accomdations. We almost did not stay an additional night because the price was outrageous, but the hotel and location were just that nice. I am so picky that I do not walk on carpets, stand in showers w/o flip-flops or water shoes, and need the room to be well lit, so that I can examine how well kept the area where I will be sleeping is. The hotel is about 3 years old, so everything is updated. On our final night, they had fire works over the Bay and we watched from our Balcony, I'm not surfe if that happens everytime, but it was an awesome way to end the trip although the balconies are a little close to each other for my tatse.

Good luck and I hope this helps someone. Wish the price was a little lower though, but it includes breakfast, wi-fi and parking at no additonal costs.

Room Tip: The Bay View is worth the extra money. We stayed in room 213 it was hanidicap accessible. It was nea...
1 Thank Bellasmom2013
rbhde, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ocean City, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your recent stay and all our amenities. We're happy to hear you were also able to get a great view of the fireworks from Seacrets! Our location is ideal for that! We look forward to your return with your family!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Cresson, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We booked here because of the many good reviews on tripadvisor. We stayed on 4th floor bayfront. Be sure to get the bayfront because the view is nice for the mornings, sunset, and overlooking the pool. The pool is very nice and spacious compared to many OC pools. The tiki bar Kunus was very nice and not busy at all. Kinda like a secret. There was a live one man band and he played to 5 of us. very good. My kids loved the pool so much they did not want to go to the beach. Hotel is very new and clean. Breakfast in the morning was decent and a nice addition to the stay. Parking was easy and always spots open. Rooms were cramped for a family of 4......2 queen beds but very clean. Only problem I had was the rate I booked from the front desk woman was not the rate on my final bill. She quoted me a lower rate on the phone and when I checked out, the rate was higher. Upon bringing this to her attention all the desk person said was that is the correct rate and did not offer to give me the rate I was quoted and booked at. Why irritate a person who wants to come back over $30 a night. The stay was excellent up to the checkout.

Room Tip: Stay bayfront. nice view.
1 Thank Travis B
Hi Travis, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and like our new property and all our amenities. If you could email me and fill me in about your rate, I'd be happy to take a look at your reservation. My email is Jill.Douglas@hilton.com.
I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for writing about your positive experience with us!
Ashburn, United States
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Very nice hotel that was just a couple blocks from the ocean and close to all the restaurants. Attractive king room, while on the front of the building was almost sound proof. Bed was a little too hard for my comfort so sleep was off and on throughout the night but otherwise it was a good, clean room with all the amenities

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Mark A
Columbia, MD
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great hotel for family. Clean rooms, love their sheets/comforter. Free hot and cold breakfast. Outdoor pool was heated and was a great feature since the weather was colder than we expected. We had a great time, and would stay in this hotel again. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Only issue was internet connectivity was not working when I tried to use my Smart Phone. All in all, an excellent value.

1 Thank jaxson5
Owings Mills, Maryland
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Hampton Inns are typically your middle of the road property but this one isn't. Very clean, great location, great breakfast and a fresh look makes this place well worth the stay. If you exercise the fitness center is really well above average. The pool is terrific also, Highly recommended. This place deserves the number 2 rating on Trip Advisor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank matthewedward
Thank you Matthew---we're happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back with us soon!
Palmyra, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Rooms were large and clean. Fitness center was the best I have used when staying in any OCMD hotel, maybe because it is new. The outdoor pool is beautiful and the pool bar is convienent. The beds were comfortable, and breakfast for free in the am was a good bonus. The location was perfect , walking distance to Seacrets and the Taphouse next door was perfect, especially for lunch. All the Staff was accommodating, however front desk staff could be a little more courteous. I recommend a room overlooking the pool as there is a lot less noise. The balcony size was also very nice. Be sure to take your hotel key everywhere as you need it to access the pool and to re-enter the hotel. Water was very warm for mid June.

2 Thank kerri w
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Staff was very friendly and helpful.The hotel is Close enough to all the attractions yet away from the crowds. It is a very nice and clean hotel. Breakfast was suitable for a hotel where the prices are reasonable

2 Thank Ronald M