“Too many toy guns”
Review of Frontier Town

Frontier Town
Ranked #5 of 55 things to do in Ocean City
More attraction details
Owner description: Our Woodall's(R) Double 5W rated waterfront campground is situated along the beautiful Sinepuxent Bay and features nearly 600 spacious campsites catering to primitive tenting all the way up to luxury 45 foot motor homes, deluxe rental trailers, and camping cabins. On-site we offer a Western Theme Park, Water Park & Miniature Golf, and High Ropes Adventure Park, as well as daily planned activities for campers, a restaurant and bar, camp store, deli, ice cream parlor, gift shop, and arcade. Bring along your boat and dock it at our 75 slip marina or enjoy fishing and crabbing from our 200 foot long pier. Whether you want peace and quiet or excitement and adventure, Frontier Town has something for everyone in the family to enjoy.
Reviewed September 22, 2008

If you are a parent who does not allow your child to have toy guns, then do not go to Frontier Town. They sell cap toy guns and you will see other children with them holstered to their hips like real cowboys. These children will also pretend to shoot each other "dead." I would rather my 3 year old not see that sort of thing at this age. They also have a train ride through the woods where you happen upon some "robbers" looking for their gold. These robbers also have guns, albeit fake. The only G rated part of Frontier Town in my opinion was the Native American dancing.

2  Thank JordansMom

Reviewed August 24, 2008

I read some of the other reviews and felt that they might have had grander expectations than I had for Frontier Town. What I was looking for was a place to spend an enjoyable day with two young boys (ages 7 and 9) in the middle of summer during a heat wave, without spending a whole lot of money. This place was perfect! It isn't a high tech amusement park, but a place that just offers wholesome fun. I think the boys ages are absolutely perfect, they are young enough to use their imaginations and actually become one of the cowboys as they mine for gold, ride the train, the stage coach and enjoy the interactive street plays. The $12 admission price included all the rides and the shows. They went on the paddle boats at least four times. They loved their trip to the barbershop, where they received a shave and a mustache. They each spent some time exploring the jail and selecting an appropriate sign for their time in the pillory.

You can pack a lunch in your cooler and return to your car and eat outside of the park (just remember your receipt to get back in) or you can eat in the park for a reasonable price. I think it was $5 for a hotdog, drink, and chips.

There were a lot of younger children there who appeared to be having a great time. This park might not offer enough thrills and excitement for the preteen group, but I think if you are going with children under 11, they will have a great time. Overall, well worth the $12 for an entire day of fun.

2  Thank windfair
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I love this place. It's cheesy and hokey but it makes me, at 40, feel like a little kid again, so i drag my family here every year. This year I dragged another family along with mine and all of the kids ages 3, 5, 8 and 13 loved it. For the older ones it was so low tech and old fashioned, it was unlike anything they had ever seen and they loved it. They wanted to go back a second day! From the gun fights to the stagecoach, the can-can show and the train ride, we all got into the spirit of the old west. The park is small and you can see the whole thing in about 2 hours but they have various shows staggered throught the day at different times. On the down side: I would suggest wearing bug spray because due to the horses there are a lot of flies here. And we used to get an old fashion photo taken here in costumes of our family everyear, but last year the miserable jerk who runs the photo business made our picture taking expeience so aggrevating that we decided not to go anywhere near him this year. He has a big mustache and needs to change his attitude towards working with people. If he can't stand working with people to take their picture, which is how he acts, maybe he would be happier shoveling up the horse manure alone in his grouchiness.
Anyway, Frontier Town is one of my favorite places to go in this busy high tech world we all live it.

2  Thank RoomServiceMe
Reviewed April 15, 2008

I've been going to Frontier Town since I was about 10yrs old. I am now 30. I love this place. I've stayed in this campground in everything from a tent to campers, to renting the cabins. Though thier costs is a bit pricey considering this is not a KOA, it most certainly is the best place in OC. Our group every year goes for Memorial Weekend. The ages consist of wee little ones to 50+ yr olds. We have a group about the size of at least 25. We have never been split into the two campground-but then again we do reserve by January. The parts of this place that could use some TLC is the bathhouses, I believe they are the same ones I've been using for 20yrs. And, the staff(the ones who work the front desk)could use for the most part attitude adjustments. I will continue to go with hopes that it can only get better. Then of course after Memorial Day, I quickly head over to The Hilton in OC for the much needed pampering!!

2  Thank Star035
Reviewed February 5, 2008

Went here in late summer of 2006, so supposedly the park was winding down for the year. So I can forgive the fact that a lot of things, like the steam engine and bull ride, were 'inoperable'. However, didn't stop them from charging us full price to get in.

The minute we walked in, we regretted spending the money. This place is pure, unadulterated, overpriced shlock. There is nothing there!! A dustbowl. The only thing our sons reasonably enjoyed was the gunfight at the end, which was over in the blink of an eye.

I would only recommend this place for much younger kids, or kids who absolutely love anything related to the 'wild west'.

In retrospect, I wish we had done the water slides adjacent to the frontier park instead. Much more reasonably priced and looked like much more fun.

3  Thank diamondgirl100