“Pleased”
Review of Americana Hotel

Americana Hotel
Ranked #88 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My family and I traveled from NJ to Ocean City,MD for our annual vacation. I read the previous reviews and I must admit I was very nervous. But to my great surprise the Americana was great, clean, peaceful etc. I honestly do not have one complaint. Great family enviorment for a great price!! I recommend the Americana.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Gr8tApostle
americanamanager, General Manager at Americana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

We delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was told about this hotel through a friend of my fiance and i have to say after reading the reviews I was going to cancel, but after deciding to try the place out, I'm glad we didnt. The place was great, the rooms were nice and clean and the view from my room spectacular, and the staff was very nice, not to mention the price we paid to be right on the broadwalk was a steal, the only complaint I have is that you need a strong man to open the balcony door and the water pressure was low. Other than that, this is a place I'd recommend to anyone!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Zee497

We really appreciate your review of the hotel, it's nice to hear that you had a great stay

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Nothing bad to say about this hotel. For the price and location on the boardwalk it can't be beat. Rooms are spacious and were always clean. Minor problem with AC was corrected within minutes. Indoor pool is small, but I go to the beach for the ocean, not the pool. Great location with everything you need right in front of you on the boardwalk. Staff was friendly and when we had to check out out early due to family emergency, I was credited for unused night with no penalty. We have stayed here 3 years in a row and will continue. If you need luxury I suggest the Hilton, but if you want an inexpensive, clean, friendly hotel right on the boardwalk I highly recommend the Americana.

3  Thank Sue R

Thank you for your review of the hotel, we appreciate the positive feedback.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Upon reviewing the very detailed reviews on Tripadvisor and calling the hotel to speak with a manager to no avail (no manager on duty), we have decided to cancel not 1 but 5 rooms for the upcoming weekend. Maybe the Americana should pay heed to the criticism on Tripadvisor.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ups643
americanamanager, General Manager at Americana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2014

Thank you for taking time to review the Americana Hotel, We pay carefull attention to Trip Advisor reviews. If we are alerted to any problems on Trip Advisor reviews we try our best to fix them as soon as possible.

Management

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We checked in 2different rooms on Monday. The first room the sink was clogged, toilet would not flush, and the ac didn't work. 2nd room the phone and ac would not work. A member if both of our families advised of the problems and was told it would be fixed. Someone also tried breaking in by removing the lock on the first rooms door (they never fixed lock after that incident). It got so hot in the rooms we has to leave the balcony doors open. Upon checking out we asked how they would make up for our horrible stay and they didn't care justvsaid they would have the maintenance man fix the problems. DO NOT WASTE your money to stay at this nasty nasty place.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank 91loulou

I am very soory to hear that you had a bad experience while staying with us. I will definetly take this up with our management staff to ensure these problems never happen again.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Like all the other reviews say, the hotel was dirty, and poorly upkept. Broken glass in the creaking and slow elevator started the experience. Then we noticed the wallpaper tearing off in the room and hallways. Don't expect to use your key card more than 4 times without having to walk down to the main office and get it "recharged" again. We had to do that 3 times over a 2 day stay. Finally, besides having to run the water for 5 minutes before it is hot enough to take a shower, the huge box television needs an upgrade. Even though the screen was blurry, we still had to call and wait an hour for maintenance to come and fix it after a "lightning storm" shut it down to where it wouldn't turn back on. Overall, do not stay here.

2  Thank User1252970

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will address these issues with our staff to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had an unusual time ending up at the Americana. We were originally scheduled to stay at the Royalton hotel, but couldn't stomach it (see my review for that rat hole). So we went walking looking for somewhere to go. The Americana didn't have any rooms available for Saturday evening, but right away provided us with the names of other hotels that we could call. The manager, Sal, overheard our conversation with his staff, and immediately started calling several hotels for us, even trying the chamber of commerce to try to help us out. We ended up bunking in my brother in laws room for the night and checking into the Americana the next day. We paid $189 + tax for an ocean front balcony room. Now, the wallpaper was starting to peel at the seams in some places, and the sliding door to the balcony was a little rough to deal with. However, we paid a decent price, got a clean room (no mold, not afraid to go barefoot in the room or shower, had a microwave, cold AC, cold fridge, clean sheets, no smoke or pee smells, no disgusting stains). If you need a 5 star hotel, this isn't for you, but if you need clean, decent, good rates and super kind service this is your place. We will be back next time!

Room Tip: room 609 had a wonderful ocean front view, sliding door to balcony was tricky, wallpaper starting to...