Oceanic Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ocean Manor Hotel(Ocean City)
Atlantic Hotel(Ocean City)
  • Pool
Bel Mare(Ocean City)
Talbot Inn(Ocean City)
View Hotel
Rideau Motor Inn(Ocean City)
View Hotel
Plim Plaza Hotel(Ocean City)
View Hotel
Sea Breeze Inn(Ocean City)
View Hotel
All reviewsfishing piergreat locationrooms are smallbigger roomwalking distanceprivate beachthe past yearsjoyceinletbayhammocksboardwalktlcoceanmdhousekeeperhilton
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2009

Every year we stay at the Oceanic one of our friends told us about Oceanic 3 years ago we have been going every since . Its affordable the rooms are cleaned every day. Staff is very friendly. Nice view , close to the boardwalk , quiet, peaceful, easy access to fishing and free access to the fishing pier.

M.Gatling
Mount Joy, PA

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pavacationgirl
Reviewed September 13, 2009

listen for $33 a night you can not expect the hilton. I'll just give you the run down of our likes and dislikes.

Dislikes:
the "small" rooms are very small, they have bigger rooms but they cost more
no way to shield the windows from the morning light
the walls are thin so if you plan on sleeping past 8am bring ear plugs
the A/C was not the best

Likes:
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!!! it doesnt get any better than this
The private beach was small but we loved it
free fishing off the pier (normally its $6 per person per day) you have to ask the front desk for passes
the room was clean, did not see any bugs or anything nasty
we had a bayside room with beautiful views
the small rooms are not large enough for families that means that there will be no screaming kids in the room next to you
they have picnic tables and grills so you can save on your food bill, lets face it eating in restuarants 3 meals a day gets expensive
the pool looked nice (we did not swim in it because it was too cold out)

I've stayed many places in OC but after staying at the Oceanic I wouldn't stay anywhere else

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jean S
Reviewed September 13, 2009

Iam a return guest along with many otheres at the Oceanic, it may not be new but it is where you want to be. If you love the beach and are there for the view and convience this is the place. A short distance to the boardwalk and the inlet and bay outside your door. I have stayed at many other hotels and have found them to be cold and sterile. The staff and management go out of their way to be friendly. The rooms may be small, but clean. Although it is far from new it has the friendly atmosphere that I do enjoy.
So if you are looking for the jacuzzi, riding the elevator to the 10th floor and being ignored by the staff than this is not the place for you. And lucky for you there are a lot of those places to be found.
If this is what you want from your visit to the beach than I hope to see you there and you can become one of the many return "Ocanic Family"

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank YorkPaBeachnurse
Reviewed August 17, 2009

My husband and I decided to go to OC in the last minute but had a hard time finding a place to stay. We stumbled upon this motel late at night online and decided to take a chance even though we knew nothing about the place but had read reviews giving the place a 50/50 rating. We knew not to expect the Hilton. From the pictures we saw, we knew it would be an older hotel. The location is excellent!! The view is beautiful. We walked to the boardwalk which was not far and everything we needed was close by. We stayed in a room with one double bed. It was very small and what I mean by small, it was not easy to move around with two people. If you are an overweight person, this room would not be for you. The bathroom is very small as well. The room was clean and the maid service cleaned the second day we were there. (we were only there for two days). The bed was comfortable with ample pillows. The furniture and bathroom could be updated but other than that, everything worked well. We would have stayed longer if we could have. We would go back.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pianogirl27
Reviewed August 9, 2009

This vacation was for me, my wife and 3 children. I wish I would of have read these reviews before i booked this motel. I guess this was a big lesson learned. The room we had was considered a suite for $280 a night! We arrived at 12 pm and check-in was at 3pm which I completly understand that we were early but 99% of the time, they give you the room as long as its ready and clean. Me and my family went for a walk on the boardwalk for a few hours. Got back to the motel at 2:55 pm and the the lady behind the counter pushed the issue that the room wouldn't be ready till 3pm . 3:20 comes around and me and my family we still standing outside because the room was till not ready. the lady finally mentioned that it wasn't their faul, they were short staffed. We finally got in the room around 3:30 PM and this was the dirtiest room I had ever seen.
The carpets were so dirty that I told my kids to keep their shoes on while in the room. I spent $ 250 on new sheets, pillows . The whole room was extremely small. The tv's sucked. The fridge stunk. There were stains all over the sofa. When we weren't sleeping, we coudn't stand to be in that room because of the bad condition of it. I finally got sick of the place and left and didnt bother asking for a refund because the people were so rude and unprofessional. This place did not accept pets and I was glad because my boxed would of had to sleep in their dirty floor. They get a 5 negative stars from me!!!!.PS who ever gives this motel a good review then I would hate to see how they're living. This motel need to be shut down!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family