Oceanic Motel
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$199
$151
ClarionHotels
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$189
$170
$180
$162
Holiday Inn Express Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$119
Princess Royale Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$219
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$149
$139
$391
$152
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
$359
All reviewsfishing piergreat locationrooms are smallbigger roomwalking distanceprivate beachthe past yearsjoyceinletbayhammocksboardwalktlcoceanmdhousekeeperhilton
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Well it is not fancy, but the location is Great, it is old, but I found it to be clean and have what you
Need, we stay on the bay side which is very beautiful and watch the boats and life around you,
I would say if you are not a picky person and just want to be able to walk every where it is good.
They have coffee and fruit. I wold go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I booked a room last week and received a confirmation number and thought everything was a go. I then get a call from the motel this week and was told that there was no room available. Needless to say I was very disappointed and put in a little bit of a bind. The motel didn't offer any rate discount or anything to help make up for this mess up. I have never had this happen to me anywhere else before and I've been coming to OC for 36 years. I had never stayed at the Oceanic and wanted to try them out but after this fiasco I don't even know if I would have a room if I ever booked one here again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mthom2013
Reviewed August 14, 2013

It is great view and location. Old but clean and pool was nice too. We are going again in September and October. They close for winter unfortunately or I would stay then. Very friendly staff. If u go check out soda machine.....nice surprise price.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Valerie M
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Oceanic is a very good value. This is our second stay and I can say both times we've had a very pleasant experience.

Yes, the rooms could use updating but they aren't any worse than a place that I stayed at right on the boardwalk and paid a lot more for. Our first stay we had two regular rooms. We had 2 double beds in each room; with room enough for a pack n play. This time our guests changed so we booked the family room. Two double beds and two pull out couches (only one could be pulled out at a time - but three could have slept in the living room), table and chairs, refrigerator and microwave. Everything worked.

The outside has been updated since our last stay. Sand has been added to the bay side as well as chairs and hammocks. A nice place to nap after driving all night.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

I have recommended this place more than once and would stay there again. If you are looking for up to date, elegant facilities this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a place to sleep, convenience to the beach and boardwalk, want to be close but not too close; then I highly recommend the Oceanic. I will be booking there again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bonnie S
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Room was disgusting.
Bedspread had blood on it. Flies everywhere. Bathroom dirty, old, falling apart. Bedroom had 2 broken down beds w/ ancient furniture and a TV with no remote. Main room tiny - when you open the run down pull-out bed there is no way to get through the room; that's got to be some sort of fire code violation. All in all, it was terrible, with the smell being the worst. Think of a delectable mixture of cat urine and mildew and you can get an approximate sense of the bouquet.
We paid around $200 per night for that hovel, too. Only redeeming feature was the proximity to the beach. Still, for $200 a night we could have done a lot better with some advance planning. Lesson learned.

I don't know where the 5 Ball reviews are coming from; they've gotta be either phony'ed-up reviews by the owners or folks comparing it to their time spent in a Mexican prison.

Room Tip: room tip: look elsewhere; sleep in your car if this is all that's available.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family